+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Au revoir

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Au revoir

Goodbye, until we meet again.

Fair play to your boys... the table never lies at the end of the season...we just collapsed near the business end and our hammering tonight just put the nail in the coffin...

Enjoy visiting some bigger better stadiums, it's gonna be horrible next season us struggling against muck like Harrogate, Barrow and Crawley etc while your going to Hillsborough and Rotherham and Birmingham probably.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Enjoy visiting some bigger better stadiums, it's gonna be horrible next season us struggling against muck like Harrogate, Barrow and Crawley etc while your going to Hillsborough and Rotherham and Birmingham probably.
    They won't enjoy going to Ploughed Field Mill though.
    Pleased for Nigel Clough.

Congrats but haven't you got anything better to do than come on here? Go and celebrate your promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Congrats but haven't you got anything better to do than come on here? Go and celebrate your promotion!
    StagManStan is your typical "sing when you're winning" fan. He's always quick to pop on here to gloat when things are good, but he's guaranteed to run and hide if things don't go well.

I don't think we'll hear much from him next season!

A lot of people assuming Mansfield will come straight back down. I couldn't disagree more. Clough is an outstanding manager. He has a proven record of defying the odds. He steadied the ship at Derby, when many predicted they would go down due to financial problems. He also took Burton up to the Championship, and managed to keep them up for 2 seasons. A person capable of keeping them in the Championship for that long, is more than capable of keeping Mansfield in L1. John Radford will give him a very respectable budget i'm sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    A lot of people assuming Mansfield will come straight back down. I couldn't disagree more. Clough is an outstanding manager. He has a proven record of defying the odds. He steadied the ship at Derby, when many predicted they would go down due to financial problems. He also took Burton up to the Championship, and managed to keep them up for 2 seasons. A person capable of keeping them in the Championship for that long, is more than capable of keeping Mansfield in L1. John Radford will give him a very respectable budget i'm sure of that.
    Hasslebank took Burton up. If memory serves, this is his first EFL promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly then Clough took over from JFH and was in charge when they actually won the promotion to the Championship. It was his second stint at Burton. JFH had been in charge the season before (when they went from L2 to L1,) and left mid-season to take over at QPR.

Anyway, he's clearly a good manager at this level hence his award. And I'm confident Stags will be as good in L1 next season as we have in L2 this. Probably a bit less erratic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Half right. It's true Hasselbaink took them up, but that was from L2. Clough is the one that got them into the Championship.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast