+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stockport ratings

I think we all agree recruiting the right players for next year is crucial which might mearn sacrifices will be made to achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    I think we all agree recruiting the right players for next year is crucial which might mearn sacrifices will be made to achieve this.
    I hope so. I'm concerned that our leadership have become too ideological in their pursuit of possession-based football that they are blinkered to the reality that it doesn't work that well at this level. We might sign more defenders and a new GK, but will they be signed for their ability to do the basics well or their ability to play out from the back?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Randall's "attempt" to stop the cross for the fifth goal was utterly pathetic. It looked dreadful live, but it gets even worse when you watch it on TV. Our defending from wide positions is criminally bad, and that's really worrying, because that was a key failing in the season we got relegated.
    I turned off the stream at half time and just saw the highlights this morning. I felt physically angry watching their fourth and fifth. I have no idea how you can show that little desire.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We were never going to win that game Playing both Bostock & McGoldrick. Both are well past their sell by date and should never put on the Notts shirt again. Come the the end of the season we need a big clear-out, starting with, Stone, Slocombe, Baldwin, Nemane, Brindley. Bostock. McGoldrick, Rawlinson, Morias, Randall. Those who are still in contract need to be transfer listed, or paid off..
    Explain how we can pay players off ??

You can only spend so much of your turnover 75%? Plus it will have an effect on our budget.

No such thing as "Transfer list" every player is for sale if the offer is right.

I dont disagree with most players named but its easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Last night just highlighted the deficiencies in our squad. Starting with two OAPs, a back three that cannot defend, not a single person able to put a foot in and win the ball in midfield.

What bothers me about some of the defending is not so much that it's ****, but more the lack of desire to stop the team scoring. Baldwin for their fourth and Randall for their fifth - I've seen kids on the park show more desire to stop the opposition than them. Absolutely pathetic.

Massive clear-out needed.
    I agree with your sentiment but I would add others who were useless. To start the game, Bostock was too immobile and Austin just wasn't in the game. The reason he's better as a sub is because he's half a second behind everyone, coming on as a sub let's him catch up, he needs to be released as well. As soon as Austin and Bostock were replaced by JOB and Robertson, we pulled two goals back, just by having mobile centre mids. Robertson was obviously still not fit hence why the comeback ground to a halt after 15 mins. There are signs within this squad that we have enough to compete, we just need to move on the likes of Austin, and sadly Bostock and replace them with high quality players.

Of those who are out of contract, I'd release all except Scott (O'Brien would be offered a coaching role with playing time as necessary) but with those players moving in, I'd sign just 3 players, a really big centre midfielder, a big, nasty centre back (maybe two) and a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I agree with your sentiment but I would add others who were useless. To start the game, Bostock was too immobile and Austin just wasn't in the game. The reason he's better as a sub is because he's half a second behind everyone, coming on as a sub let's him catch up, he needs to be released as well. As soon as Austin and Bostock were replaced by JOB and Robertson, we pulled two goals back, just by having mobile centre mids. Robertson was obviously still not fit hence why the comeback ground to a halt after 15 mins. There are signs within this squad that we have enough to compete, we just need to move on the likes of Austin, and sadly Bostock and replace them with high quality players.

Of those who are out of contract, I'd release all except Scott (O'Brien would be offered a coaching role with playing time as necessary) but with those players moving in, I'd sign just 3 players, a really big centre midfielder, a big, nasty centre back (maybe two) and a keeper.
    Agree with all that, but I think Austin might be worth keeping around as a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Agree with most but Nemane has been outstanding on occasion (and recently) and early season McGoldrick was awesome.
    Nemane is good in patches, but he is too inconsistent. We need players that can perform consistently over 90 minutes, and not just now and again..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Nemane is good in patches, but he is too inconsistent. We need players that can perform consistently over 90 minutes, and not just now and again..
    Nemane has definitely done enough to deserve more time at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Nemane has definitely done enough to deserve more time at Notts.
    He is playing better under SM than he ever did with LW. He isn't stapled to the wing and is coming inside a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    He is playing better under SM than he ever did with LW. He isn't stapled to the wing and is coming inside a lot more.
    100%. Isn’t just relying on giving and going with Crowley. Looks more confident in taking his man on too. Looks tidy when he comes inside too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast