+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockport ratings

Randall is a weird one. He’s obviously desperately short of confidence, but he seems to be in the managers eye. A regular sub since SM has arrived.
    I thought he was a waste of a shirt tonight tbh. His positioning is poor. On one attack he seemed to purposely place himself out of range for the pass, leaving the attack to falter. He could have easily cut inside to take a pass, but he ran to the wing where the defender then had him totally covered. Ball shy?

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Randall is a weird one. He’s obviously desperately short of confidence, but he seems to be in the managers eye. A regular sub since SM has arrived.
    I thought he was a waste of a shirt tonight tbh. His positioning is poor. On one attack he seemed to purposely place himself out of range for the pass, leaving the attack to falter. He could have easily cut inside to take a pass, but he ran to the wing where the defender then had him totally covered. Ball shy?
    Randall's "attempt" to stop the cross for the fifth goal was utterly pathetic. It looked dreadful live, but it gets even worse when you watch it on TV. Our defending from wide positions is criminally bad, and that's really worrying, because that was a key failing in the season we got relegated.

Lots to put right, still no confidence in SM, end of season can't come soon enough. Will still be willing them on next season but trouble ahead will be no surprise reinforced by useless performances like today.

We were never going to win that game Playing both Bostock & McGoldrick. Both are well past their sell by date and should never put on the Notts shirt again. Come the the end of the season we need a big clear-out, starting with, Stone, Slocombe, Baldwin, Nemane, Brindley. Bostock. McGoldrick, Rawlinson, Morias, Randall. Those who are still in contract need to be transfer listed, or paid off..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We were never going to win that game Playing both Bostock & McGoldrick. Both are well past their sell by date and should never put on the Notts shirt again. Come the the end of the season we need a big clear-out, starting with, Stone, Slocombe, Baldwin, Nemane, Brindley. Bostock. McGoldrick, Rawlinson, Morias, Randall. Those who are still in contract need to be transfer listed, or paid off..
    Agree with most but Nemane has been outstanding on occasion (and recently) and early season McGoldrick was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Don't agree about Nemane - I think he's worth keeping - but for the rest probably yeah, time to say thanks & cheerio.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Agree totally about the officials but my scoring a little different.

LAH -5 Just doesn't command his box , poor distribution and not even a great shot stopper.

Brindley - 5 started ok but drifted out of the game, at fault for 1 goal.

Nemane - 6.5 I actually thought he was out best player. Perfect pass to Langstaff who fluffed his lines. Best his man several times. Kept trying but did fade towards the end.

Baldwin - 2 This guy is a total liability and at fault for at least 2 goals handing them the initiative early doors. There is one giveaway goal virtually every match and is part of the worst defence I can ever remember Notts having.

Cameron - 5 Ok but never Captain material and also outdone for pace. Best of a bad bunch in defence.

Bostock - 3 An absolute legend last season but a shadow of that Bostock now. Ponderous, negative, disinterested. Easy to beat in midfield and poor defensively.

Austin - 4 The lads a trier I'll give him that! But simply not good enough in this division and offers little in creativity or robust tackling in midfield.

Crowley - 6 Better than most , produced a lovely finish for goal 2 but when backs are against the wall not a defensive midfielder. Did keep trying to drive us forward at least.

Jodi - 5 Not his finest game, lots of runs, but passing not quite on point tonight, offers little in a defensive sense, was too greedy tonight too and became ineffective .

Mcgoldrick - 3 Looks totally unfit, what happened to the player who started the season with such promise. So many twist turns step overs he beats himself. Shooting boots not in range and looks way to slow to scare defenses now.

Macca - 6 Never fault his energy and desire but missed a sitter, generally marked out of the game, did get a good consolation goal but another who needs a rest soon .

SUBS - O'Brien 5 - lots of arm waving, running around and plenty of energy but little end result and again has a mistake or too in him. Added some stability in midfield but little else.

Robertson - 6 midfield looked much more combative when he came in. Some positive forward runs and lots of passion

Randall - 5 Looks what he is, a player shirt on confidence and gane time. Didn't really do anything wrong but didn't add much either.

Officials - 0 Amateur, embarrassing , in the pockets of Stockport. 2 poor penalties, missed off sides, have them everything.

Maynard - 5 Hamstrung by injuries and poor decision making on the pitch. Did make the right changes at least. I've not been his biggest fan but not really his fault tonight .
    Agree with most of that but I would up Robertson to 7 he injected energy into the team which helped us pull 2 goals back and the keeper not being a shot stopper??? Did you see the last home match?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Don't agree about Nemane - I think he's worth keeping - but for the rest probably yeah, time to say thanks & cheerio.
    Ha ha it's Durham remember and Nemane😋

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    LAH 5 - conceded 5 so his rating takes a slight hit but he couldn't really do anything about any of the goals, barring the first where he maybe could've done slightly better if im being hyper-critical.

Brindley 4 - Lost his man for their 4th and showed that he's not up for EFL football, something that most of us knew last season, how he got a new deal ill never know.

Baldwin 2 - Awful, at fault entirely for their first, deflected the ball over LAH for the third and put in the most feeble 'attempt' of a tackle for their 4th I've ever seen.

Cameron 5 - part of a defence that conceded 5 so like LAH his rating takes a hit; but he didn't do too much wrong.

Nemane 4 - decent for the first 10 minutes and should've got an assist with Macca's early chance but was completely anonymous afterwards.

Jones 5 - cut a frustrated figure. Tried to make things happen but his crossing was poor, and his attempts at goal were easily saved.

Bostock 3 - really poor yet again, far too lightweight and negative.

Austin 4 - poor tonight, but I still insist he shouldn't be playing in a midfield two, but should rather be a deputy behind Crowley.

Crowley 7 - probably the only player to come out of tonight's debacle with any credit. Was at the centre of everything good notts did in the second half and scored another fantastic goal.

McGoldrick 3 - awful. Barley put in a sprint all night and went he actually did win the ball for once, he decided to try and do 76 stopovers and lose the ball, rather than switching it to Jodi who was in acres of space. Never should've signed him, nevermind given him a two year deal.

Macca 6.5 - his work rate was exceptional and he took his goal well but the game could've been completely different if he'd have taken his early chance.

Randall 6 - looked pretty decent when he came on

JOB 6 - added a bit of bite to midfield that we were certainly lacking

Robertson 6 - see above

I usually don't rate the officials but tonight's 4 were some of the worst I've ever seen at ML. The ref was about as far from a 'homer' as you can get, seemingly didn't even know how to work his watch when he blew for half time a minute too soon, and gave them two penalties for pretty much nothing. The linesman on the pavis side was also a disgrace. He missed countless offsides, handballs and free kicks for us and struggled to even keep up with play, and the fourth official couldn't even figure out the scoreboard. Horrendous.
    Randall was rubbish and Jones was rubbish once he was moved to the right to accommodate Randall. Nemane was really good until he was moved to right back because he isn’t a right back.

Agree about the ref. We’ve really done something to upset that bloke.

Last night just highlighted the deficiencies in our squad. Starting with two OAPs, a back three that cannot defend, not a single person able to put a foot in and win the ball in midfield.

What bothers me about some of the defending is not so much that it's ****, but more the lack of desire to stop the team scoring. Baldwin for their fourth and Randall for their fifth - I've seen kids on the park show more desire to stop the opposition than them. Absolutely pathetic.

Massive clear-out needed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast