+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stockport ratings

I’m a huge AN fan, but we all know his strengths are in the opposition half, not in defence. For me, the only way to play to his - and JJ’s - strength is to play four at the back and have them play as conventional wide men in front of full backs.

The club need an honest appraisal of why we have pretty much the worst defence in the country, because until that’s addressed, we’re never going to be challenging for promotion.

That appraisal also has to examine how opposition teams have over 20 efforts on goal nearly every game while they generally have the ball for half as long as us. That says very clearly that the way we’re playing a possession-based game is badly broken.

Just watched the hightlights, jeeeeeez we are clueless under Maynard!! The f**king about leading the 2nd penalty, WTF is going on there?? Kick the ball into row Z someone for christs sake!!!!! The space for the 4th goal was absolutely shocking!!

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Scott next season.
    SM hasn’t given him any minutes in the last two games. With his contract about to expire, you’d think he’d be getting minutes to show what he can do if he was in the managers plans.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just watched the hightlights, jeeeeeez we are clueless under Maynard!! The f**king about leading the 2nd penalty, WTF is going on there?? Kick the ball into row Z someone for christs sake!!!!! The space for the 4th goal was absolutely shocking!!
    It's been happening all season, the Centre Backs abandon any runners to the channels to seemingly mark the box zonally. We're very passive, never close down crossers and just track runners in to the box allowing them to make killer passes or shoot. It puts a huge amount of pressure on the two wing backs, who are essentially playing as conventional wingers mind, to cover a vast amount of space and end up being overloaded by the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Nemane is good in patches, but he is too inconsistent. We need players that can perform consistently over 90 minutes, and not just now and again..
    I have seen real class strikers who have done absolutely nothing all game except score three goals. Get rid?

Oh my days it was painful watching back the highlights of last night. But what I will say is that for the 30 minutes when we turned into a class team it was a joy to see us having a go.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t think we’ll be seeing Scott next season.
    SM hasn’t given him any minutes in the last two games. With his contract about to expire, you’d think he’d be getting minutes to show what he can do if he was in the managers plans.
    i would say he's nailed on for a contract next year. i would suggest he's not playing him is to protect rushing him back to soon when there is no need. Give him his contract , and a full pre season to recover his fitness, job done !

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Agree with all that, but I think Austin might be worth keeping around as a squad player.
    Far to slow, the game often passes him buy. I've said before we must have the slowest midfield in the league at present. Hopefully with Robbo and a fit again Palmer plus additions that will change next season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    i would say he's nailed on for a contract next year. i would suggest he's not playing him is to protect rushing him back to soon when there is no need. Give him his contract , and a full pre season to recover his fitness, job done !
    I expect he will get a contract.
    However, with serious long term injuries there is always the possibility that the players never fully recover. So we can’t be sure which Scott, Palmer or Bajrami we will get back.
    Do I recall that the last injury update on those 3 several months ago said that Palmers’ recovery was going to be around August?
    So after the season start.

I wouldn't rate Maynard more than 5/10 for any game so far.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast