+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baldwin out of contract

I simply cannot understand why a fit athlete keeps falling over.It must be so easy for the opposing team to know that the centre back they are facing is going to give up a goal.We all know he is a good footballer but the sunday morning leagues have plenty of good footballers.Sad to say ,he has not got it.

Thanks for the 2 play off semi final goals but it's time for us to go our seperate ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    I simply cannot understand why a fit athlete keeps falling over.It must be so easy for the opposing team to know that the centre back they are facing is going to give up a goal.We all know he is a good footballer but the sunday morning leagues have plenty of good footballers.Sad to say ,he has not got it.
    He’s a good footballer but not a very good defender. Swap the two defences around tonight and we definitely don’t lose that game.

He turned up out of shape pre season, has continually made dreadful errors and shows no sign of learning from them.
    Waste of talent really as he's big, powerful, mobile has pace and is a good footballer. But, if you gift around 15 goals a season and are part of a defence that's conceded 85 and counting you don't really deserve a new contract.

Has always looked like he hasn't had a good night's kip in months and he's got the lapses in concentration and awareness of someone who hasn't.

It's a shame because he's such a good player when he's on his game. Unfortunately, you either see it as a cost of business in the way we play or you try and build a defence by it's capability to defend and not to pass the ball.

I wouldn't be sad or overjoyed whatever happens to Baldwin. He came up trumps when he needed to but unless he can cut the mistakes out this is about the level he'll reach.

I wonder if he’d improve if he had some genuine competition for his place?

Nobody in our squad can really cut it in the position and way he’s being asked to play. Brindley did it for a few games under LW but then reverted to type.

I have 2 clubs in my mind. I think Aden will leave for either Chesterfield or Forest Green. He's such a frustrating player, he has the attributes to play above L2 but he always seems to have a mistake in him. It's sad really because i like him overall.

Knocking it out when that carthorse Wootton was pretending to be injured sealed it for me. Get him gone.

I do like Aden, class footballer when he’s on it, and he’ll always have Borehamwood. Needs some serious coaching though, can’t imagine he’ll stop at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The management need to cut out this "individual errors" narrative too. If their definition of players "taking responsibility" is to take ridiculous risks deep in our own half rather than getting the ball away from danger ASAP, then "individual errors" will simply keep happening. That's the only possible defence I can make for the catalogue of ridiculous and crass errors we've seen from Baldwin and others this season.
    They get bolloc*ed if they hoof the ball forward, thats why we make so many mistakes

Love watching him play - a Rolls Royce of a defender for this level when on form.

Unfortunately the cold hard facts are that he's one of two comedically error prone centre backs in the worst defence in the league. In a team that really needs games to be open and struggles when going behind.

As the one whose contract is up first, and seeing as he's not 21 and is likely to just provide more of the same, you'd think he has to go.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast