+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baldwin out of contract

Either way it's clear that at most we should keep 1 as our bench option and get a completely new CB pairing. It honestly shocked me when we didn't sign any at the start of the season and got more forwards instead it was clear in NL that they were not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IrateKnight View Post
    Either way it's clear that at most we should keep 1 as our bench option and get a completely new CB pairing. It honestly shocked me when we didn't sign any at the start of the season and got more forwards instead it was clear in NL that they were not good enough.
    I'd be happy with a back four next season, with Macari and Cameron as full-backs plus two new CBs who aren't inexperienced, physically or mentally weak, injury-prone, or error-prone.

Cameron is better than Baldwin he is also way more experienced too and is getting towards prime age.

Baldwin has pace and can play but he just makes too many errors I seriously doubt he is told to dribble past forwards as last man he just has no sense of danger.

No matter how good you are the game hasnt changed do the basics right.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'd be happy with a back four next season, with Macari and Cameron as full-backs plus two new CBs who aren't inexperienced, physically or mentally weak, injury-prone, or error-prone.
    Cameron was specifically targeted as a suspect left back by Wrexham - let’s not go down that route. If we want to play 3-5-2, we either need more defence-minded wing backs, which will weaken us offensively, or we need three mobile but dominant centre halves and a reliable keeper behind them. It’s going to be very, very hard to find three in one transfer window.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-04-2024 at 11:21 AM.

I think what happens with Baldwin is pivotal to the 2024/25 season.

In their statement the Reedtzs' statement said
    "However, while we’re all dissatisfied with recent results and the outcome of the season, our analysis shows that performance levels over the course of the campaign have merited a much better league position – and therefore the improvement required for us to compete for promotion next season, as will be our aim, isn’t as large as the table would suggest."

This to me is saying that they don't believe we need to change much and don't want to spend much and haven't got much wrong. Perhaps we cant afford to?
    If Baldwin stays it will be the cheap option and says that they are happy to have a player in the squad who makes many catastrophic errors per season - and was that professional that he came back pre-season so badly out of shape. What sort of message would that send out to the rest of the squad or the fans? That would be a lack of ambition in my view and an acceptance of low standards.
    That entire backline last night was quite clearly not of the standard required for League 2 although I would be OK with KC as a backup squad player.
    Hopefully the rumours of him already being offered a new contract are untrue. And remember it would be unlikely to be a 1 year contract.
    Think back to last close season - Rawlinson, Cameron, Slocombe all of them 2 years.

I still think 3-5-2 is the way forward but as well as new CBs we could do with a tall strong CM that can drop back and form a back 4 or shield the back 3 out of possession. Easier said than done to find someone who can do that well in L2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I wonder if they will offer a new contract to Geraldo Bajrami. Also might Lucien Mahovo have developed enough to play a role next season.

Go. Now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345