+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baldwin out of contract

Take me down to scapegoat city, where the posts are and the comments s1tty, oh, oh take me down....🕺

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Take me down to scapegoat city, where the posts are and the comments s1tty, oh, oh take me down....🕺
    I dislike scapegoating people but this lad's attitude and demeanour is beyond the pale
    He will have been in the dressing room after the game blaming team mates as he usually does
    Some of the other defenders are not up to L2 standard but at least they're honest and their mistakes are usually due to lack of ability rather than arrogance

Very strange player, looks classy and elegant on the ball until doing something comically bad. The attempted back-heel against Morecambe away, running back towards his goal should have been his last act for the club. Thats before all the other disaster moments this season. Seems a bit arrogant as well. Will always be remembered for his brilliant play-off goals.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Love watching him play - a Rolls Royce of a defender for this level when on form.

Unfortunately the cold hard facts are that he's one of two comedically error prone centre backs in the worst defence in the league. In a team that really needs games to be open and struggles when going behind.

As the one whose contract is up first, and seeing as he's not 21 and is likely to just provide more of the same, you'd think he has to go.
    He was the Lacey replacement, but instead of being made of glass, he makes mistakes. Its the fact that if you want a ball playing centre back in the lower leagues, you have to accept they'll either make mistakes or be injury prone, otherwise they'd be playing much higher

How do fans reckon our attacking players feel?
    They've scored a huge number of goals, sometimes 4 or 5 in a game which we failed to win
    Almost always due to utter incompetence by team mates
    Maynard has at least tried to address this by not playing such a high line
    But he's still stuck with the same players who have been doing the same thing all season
    We have two players in the L2 team of the year but our defensive performances have made us a laughing stock

Baldwin in our current setup is an absolute disaster. We have no idea what he'd be like in a normal team that primarily asks defenders to defend, and I don't suppose we'll find out.

To be honest I'd rather offer him a 12 month deal and keep him over Cameron if it's a choice between the two. Baldwin at least shows he can be class when on form maybe a more experienced leader next to him will help with the individual errors.

Quote Originally Posted by IrateKnight View Post
    To be honest I'd rather offer him a 12 month deal and keep him over Cameron if it's a choice between the two. Baldwin at least shows he can be class when on form maybe a more experienced leader next to him will help with the individual errors.
    I prefer Cameron. Baldwin is the absolute worst when it comes to individual errors, and nothing he does makes up for the sheer amount of goals he's directly caused by being careless and error-prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He was the Lacey replacement, but instead of being made of glass, he makes mistakes. Its the fact that if you want a ball playing centre back in the lower leagues, you have to accept they'll either make mistakes or be injury prone, otherwise they'd be playing much higher
    Making the odd mistake is fine. We are talking about constant mistakes, or even not being able to stay standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I prefer Cameron. Baldwin is the absolute worst when it comes to individual errors, and nothing he does makes up for the sheer amount of goals he's directly caused by being careless and error-prone.
    Cameron has upped his game since LW left. No more of this falling over the ball looking for a free kick. Plenty of room for improvement but it has started. Baldwin forget it. Nothing has changed with him at all. The clubs "Clown" & the opposition know it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast