+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood franchise

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I thought he had left for good!!! Doesn't go to the games so how does he know?
    Was good while it lasted

To be fair to Mike…did I really say that?
    The push on Cooney didn’t look as obvious on the highlights. The camera angle does not show the obvious push that could be easily seen live at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I have but could not resist the odd one...LOL..

Have you ever heard of highlights where you will see far more closely the action on the pitch than you could possibly see from the stands...Go and look and see that there was no push by the wrexham player and there was clearly a hand ball and the Ref thought that was a sending off offence and if its an error, the club can appeal it and it sounds like they won't and so they accept it was a sending off offence..Every corner kick, every player is pushing the others...

Actually, I personally don't agree with the officials sending players off the pitch other than violent conduct because 9000 fans paid good money to watch two teams and expected a good match and the Ref spoiled that occasion for all the Crewe fans...

The club should appeal that decision as what did he actually do to get sent off? Yellow card and a free kick should have been his decision and the two players fighting should not have received yellow cards but red ones..

All three goals were from defensive errors and the problem imo is the academy training and tippy tappy football where in training they do this but in matches its sussed out by better fitter players...We looked terrible, no attack and poor defence. Its embarrassing to watch actually. We have had much better teams than this one. Say goodbye to promotion imo..We cannot defend headers coming in as our players don't jump up to head the ball away and Mickey was terrible that led easily to their goal. It was far too easy for three last teams that played here at Crewe...What was it? one win in the last 10 games? ie relegation form, imo. The club should sign fitter and better players and keep out the youngsters as they are a bind on the results as they are not good enough and get injured easily..I forgot to say, all that costs over one million pounds a season...Have Wrexham and Stockport got a Cat2 academy? A cat 4 academy means more money for better players and get rid of all the non players at the club except one ie the manager...Will it happen? Not a chance...What did the 4 managers achieve yesterday and at the previous two home games?
    Mike, you quote 4 managers ad nauseum. Can you name these 4 managers and cite what their roles are?
    Let me explain something to you. No company anywhere near the size of a football club will have one manager. One manager will have overall responsibility but there will be roles and positions that are covered by assistants. Lee Bell is Head Coach or, if you prefer the term, Manager. One of the criticisms of Artell's reign was that too much was falling on his shoulders. I think you need to try and advance your thinking beyond the period 1950 to 1970. If Lee Bell was the only "Manager" we would be in one hell of a mess. But hey, 50 years watching the club progress, what do I know?

Same old same old 🥺🥺

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Mike, you quote 4 managers ad nauseum. Can you name these 4 managers and cite what their roles are?
    Let me explain something to you. No company anywhere near the size of a football club will have one manager. One manager will have overall responsibility but there will be roles and positions that are covered by assistants. Lee Bell is Head Coach or, if you prefer the term, Manager. One of the criticisms of Artell's reign was that too much was falling on his shoulders. I think you need to try and advance your thinking beyond the period 1950 to 1970. If Lee Bell was the only "Manager" we would be in one hell of a mess. But hey, 50 years watching the club progress, what do I know?
    I always bring in more posts don't I?

Now you are forcing me to respond Timmy..

Professional football has been around over one hundred years..and Spurs, my second favourite team in the sixties had just one manager called Bill Nicholson and not sure he had an assistant but BN was manager of the whole club and everything that went on at the club and you know what? They were the best team in the Country and won the league and FA cup double...Now we have LB as what head coach, yes, that looked great the last three games hey? Then his assistant, then Kenny Lunt in a non managers job and then Mcgarry mentioned another managers name a few weeks ago...I make that 4 managers plus an under 21 manager, plus an under 18 manager and then a kids manager...

To me this is all BS when the ONLY reasons fans go to Gresty Road is the first team and none others...Did you see the kids playing the Cheshire Senior cup? Its blood embarassing when that was played by the first team at one time and Timmy, we, Crewe had some very good teams back then and just one manager and every team in the world now has a dozen coaches and none any better in fact worse than teams back then imo of course. BTW we won the world cup in 66 without any academies whatever and dispite tens, no hundreds of millions being spent on English academies, go and look at the PL players who seem to me to be mainly foreign players and so that is good news on our academies hey? When was the last million pound player we sold on and how much has the academy cost in that time?

Of course they all bleat now that we could not exist without academies but most retired footballers now would be working at B&Q or out of work and academies gave most of them a job...Each manager means less money for a player....How much does RH cost the club? Anyone know? A Wrexham fan said their players are on around 4 grand a week...I have no idea what ours are on but its disgusting that these so called players are getting twice as much per week as top Consultants in the NHS who work far more than 90 minutes a week!

I would not pay 27 quid to watch a basement league team...just me I suppose..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 21-04-2024 at 01:34 PM.

I think Mike is referring to the catering manager, the cleaning and maintenance manager, the stadium manager as well as Lee Bell.😉

Come on Timmy. You know nothing. There’s only Lazarus on here that knows anything about football, albeit, as you say 50s to 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Come on Timmy. You know nothing. There’s only Lazarus on here that knows anything about football, albeit, as you say 50s to 70s.
    Good point, well made

Good point, well made
    Don't mock Lazarus as he had a very good friend...They beat the Romans, 3-0 three times..

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think Mike is referring to the catering manager, the cleaning and maintenance manager, the stadium manager as well as Lee Bell.��
    I think they would probably have done more good than the ones we have.....

I've another view on all these managers...Lets say our players are on about two grand a week and the managers are on around 500 qpw..Maybe that is not a bad deal really..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast