+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood franchise

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

Yes we did do well earlier but what was the purpose of posting stuff to say oh yes we did well there didn't we...

Dare I say, it is nice to say something upbeat once in a while rather than revelling in our struggles. Lord knows, there have been enough of those over the years!!

There are three teams in the PL who we used to play regularly and so that is what you call progress, not getting 5 million for a player like we did and then not spending a penny on signing another decent one..I suppose its only because I was born here that I am a fan otherwise I would run a hundred miles from here...

Who are the three teams?

You and others don't like the post from the Wrexham fan as he tells it as it is and fans on here object strongly to a different opinion and then try and bully them off here...We are done for this season and possibly the worst performing team in the division these last 10 games...Who signed all these players we have now and what training do they get?

I literally have no issue with the Wrexham supporter having the opinion he does. That is exactly what it is. And it is different from mine. And I take issue with the term"bullying". If someone talks tripe I am going to let them know!

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    WOW. Clutching at straws springs to mind here. Just desperate.

I've watched the replays and I was at the game. The incident was pretty much right in front of me. I had one of the best views in the ground and better than any home fan due to how close I was to it. I can understand you thinking this straight after the incident but not after watching the highlights. Its borderline delusional thinking Mullin's contact caused the handball.

He wasn't sent off for being the last man, he was sent off for deliberate handball. So other defenders and where they were is totally irrelevant.

If your hand is stretched out like his was and it was a clear deliberate action then you're in trouble. There was no stumble or anything like that.

As for the so called 'push'. Dear god. It was a coming together of arms, a slight nudge if anything and nothing more. Certainly no foul and that did not cause Cooney to reach out and almost grab the ball and bring it down. If that's a foul then football isn't a contact sport, which is just nonsense. I've seen worse in kids football.

They were not running at full pelt at all either. Where on earth have you got that from?

Its extremely naïve to believe Cooney didn't know exactly what he was doing. It didn't work with the officials but its worked a treat with you. He didn't take it well did he. Looks like the handball rules haven't reached Crewe yet.
    Okay, you can tell everybody that if you want. You can also abuse us as we've got a regular on here who does that anyway. As for handball, it is not a red card offence unless done to prevent a possible goal-scoring situation. That's the relevant bit here. There was no way Mullin was in danger of scoring. Still, if you've got Hollywood stars in your eyes, you problem can't see that.
    As for Cooney, why would he deliberately handball in such a harmless place.
    As others have said, the event may not have changed the result but the ref's one minute in the spotlight certainly ruined the game as a spectacle.
    I'm not going to comment about 'Mad Dog' Maclean other than to note he should have had a red card in each of the games but somehow got away with both.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Okay, you can tell everybody that if you want. You can also abuse us as we've got a regular on here who does that anyway. As for handball, it is not a red card offence unless done to prevent a possible goal-scoring situation. That's the relevant bit here. There was no way Mullin was in danger of scoring. Still, if you've got Hollywood stars in your eyes, you problem can't see that.
    As for Cooney, why would he deliberately handball in such a harmless place.
    As others have said, the event may not have changed the result but the ref's one minute in the spotlight certainly ruined the game as a spectacle.
    I'm not going to comment about 'Mad Dog' Maclean other than to note he should have had a red card in each of the games but somehow got away with both.
    Well, I think this exchange with a Wrexham fan is just what these boards should be about..ie having a different opinion and giving reasons about it...I have been verbally abused here ad finitum as my opinion differs from all of you on the stupid costly academy status and none of you want to discuss it even though it has a direct impact on the first team and its finances the whole time. My opinion on the sending off almost agrees with the Wrexham fan even though we are on opposite sides. I think the Ref bottled both decisions as it spoiled the game for 9000 fans and imo he had no right to do that..The Ref could have given a yellow card for Cooney but they are not interested in being fair are they..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 22-04-2024 at 06:49 PM.

Delighted to read we ARE lodging an appeal against the red card, as th ref's report says it was for ‘denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball’, both aspects clearly wrong - whatever certain opinions may be. I-follow had the clearest possible picture from just above the incident, which showed the push and the ball being in his way quite obviously to me. We may not win but the reasoning behind the card was faulty in every way.

Yes, I'm glad the club haven't bottled it. We can debate the deliberate bit all day but the 'preventing a goal-scoring opportunity' should be the rock that the red card sinks on.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    WOW. Clutching at straws springs to mind here. Just desperate.

I've watched the replays and I was at the game. The incident was pretty much right in front of me. I had one of the best views in the ground and better than any home fan due to how close I was to it. I can understand you thinking this straight after the incident but not after watching the highlights. Its borderline delusional thinking Mullin's contact caused the handball.

He wasn't sent off for being the last man, he was sent off for deliberate handball. So other defenders and where they were is totally irrelevant.

If your hand is stretched out like his was and it was a clear deliberate action then you're in trouble. There was no stumble or anything like that.

As for the so called 'push'. Dear god. It was a coming together of arms, a slight nudge if anything and nothing more. Certainly no foul and that did not cause Cooney to reach out and almost grab the ball and bring it down. If that's a foul then football isn't a contact sport, which is just nonsense. I've seen worse in kids football.

They were not running at full pelt at all either. Where on earth have you got that from?

Its extremely naïve to believe Cooney didn't know exactly what he was doing. It didn't work with the officials but its worked a treat with you. He didn't take it well did he. Looks like the handball rules haven't reached Crewe yet.
    Decision overturned. Cooney available for Colchester.

Yes - "Crewe Alexandra can confirm that the red card shown to Ryan Cooney during Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two game against Wrexham has been overturned, following a successful appeal by the Club." So much for the Wrexham supporters who could clearly see both parts of the decision were correct ........

See we're on sky Saturday that could be a hard watch !!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierstan View Post
    See we're on sky Saturday that could be a hard watch !!
    Not sure that's a good thing. Bound to bottle it now!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Decision overturned. Cooney available for Colchester.
    Thing is Cooney may have got his availability back, but who's going to give 9,000 people the last 36 minutes of that game? The referee really ruined the spectacle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast