+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood franchise

Hollywood franchise

Starting this one a little earlier as circumstances have changed a little. Stockport are Champions so that's one less position for Wrecks'em to buy.
    They've had a chance to celebrate at home so that little impetus will have gone. I've had a feeling about this game for a while and while I realise that gut instincts mean nothing really, I can't help feeling hopeful.
    I also realise that logical reasoning are not with me. Despite vague promises of various players returning, I understand that I have to take those utterances with a pinch of salt. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the dodgy training regime doesn't claim another hamstring. Going by the interview of the loanee goalkeeper appearing on the O.S. I assume that we won't be seeing Tom Booth anymore. Long? Turns? Tracey? CBR?
    Anyway despite the misery above, 2-2.

Also Stockport whose owner has written off the £7million loan he gave. How can we compete with that. Bought a Euromillions ticket last night so that I could do the same but only got one number !!!

So, reading between the lines from the interview, NOBODY will return from injury for this weekend's game. There are currently 4 hamstring injuries, mostly from the training ground rather than during competitive play. This suggests there is something badly wrong with the training regime. The 3 real long-term injuries cannot be helped but the majority of injuries this season have happened at Reaseheath. An investigation is necessary.
    So, do I still feel optimistic about this game? Not a chance. I'm now expecting a humiliation.

Hurm, training ground injuries. It's what it is this time of the year. Wrexham game, lets hope we can get through, no more injuries, before playoff. I like having Barrow over 2 x legs, thoughts.

Wrexham fan here in peace. We've not been great away from home this season so I wouldn't expect an humiliation. Generally we've just ground out results rather than play well with a few exceptions.
    Granted we now have nothing to play for as our fate is sealed however that could work to your advantage too. We may play some squad players too. I'm not expecting a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, reading between the lines from the interview, NOBODY will return from injury for this weekend's game. There are currently 4 hamstring injuries, mostly from the training ground rather than during competitive play. This suggests there is something badly wrong with the training regime. The 3 real long-term injuries cannot be helped but the majority of injuries this season have happened at Reaseheath. An investigation is necessary.
    So, do I still feel optimistic about this game? Not a chance. I'm now expecting a humiliation.
    We have had some really bad luck with injuries this season. Worst I have known in a very long time. I am not sure that most have been picked up in training. Long, CBR, Offord, Powell, Tracey, Williams, Turns and Booth all seemed to have picked them up during matches. However, at this time in the season and with such a small squad of players, injuries are fairly inevitable and not many clubs avoid them. That said, our players have been looking tired of late so I am not expecting much on Saturday.

I confess, I was in a bad mood when I wrote my last post. My attitude was also fired by a series of interviews of LB where he made vague promises of return to fitness of players only for them to get another injury.
    Anyway, with the team available, I cannot see any decent result. To achieve that we would need 11 players busting a gut but I expect there will be couple in the line-up who will never fulfill that requirement.
    In LBs most recent interview he seems to suggest a number of people being back for the Colchester game. Let's hope he's not dissembling again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    We have had some really bad luck with injuries this season. Worst I have known in a very long time. I am not sure that most have been picked up in training. Long, CBR, Offord, Powell, Tracey, Williams, Turns and Booth all seemed to have picked them up during matches. However, at this time in the season and with such a small squad of players, injuries are fairly inevitable and not many clubs avoid them. That said, our players have been looking tired of late so I am not expecting much on Saturday.
    I would certainly like to be a bit more optimistic but the players are tired and with so many players out injured it is difficult to rest any of the players. WE have not yet wrapped up the play offs we do need a couple more points, not sure where they are coming from with 2 games left. As a team we have been a shadow of the team that beat Stockport and Barrow earlier in the season and we now have tired players who must be low in confidence. Personally I think we have lost our way the form team is Doncaster and they are likely to romp through the play offs to wrap up that fourth spot for promotion, we can hope for a play off place but with our injury list I think that is a s far as we will go. At one point I thought we could clinch that 3rd spot for automatic promotion. LB has said that there are a couple of players likely to make it for next week but we will wait and see on that, probably need CBR, Thomas and ST back to have any chance but I think we have just fallen short this season. I will be there cheering them on but I think the injuries did for us in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LordK View Post
    Hurm, training ground injuries. It's what it is this time of the year. Wrexham game, lets hope we can get through, no more injuries, before playoff. I like having Barrow over 2 x legs, thoughts.
    My thoughts are we have to get into the playoffs first. I truly think that we are relying on other results going in our favour. I cannot see us picking up any more points in the last two games, will that be enough, I'm not sure? A lot of our players are running on empty and I'm sure that besides the well publicised injuries one or a few more are playing on when ideally they should be having a breather.
    I will go with a 0-3 loss in front of a very impressive crowd and hopefully no trouble.

I hope we see Tabiner starting. 3 at the back + 2xWB. Then starts the difficult choices. I can't see LB starting without either Kirk or Rowe, hopefully not both. However we must have 2 up front so I'd start with Rowe if I had to choose because, IF he turns up, he can drive forward and beat players. The midfield would be made of what we have left i.e. Holicek, Austerfield and Tabs.
    Considering the number of injuries, that's not the worst team we could turn out but....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast