+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood franchise

I’m going with a 3-1 win. To make the playoffs and have any chance of winning promotion we need a statement result. Now is the time. Otherwise …..

Forgot about Finney....!

Well for 59 minutes this was an interesting game but then the ref ruined it.
    How has he decided that 'Mad Dog' Macleanwas "not displaying enough aggression to warrant a red card". The ref also missed the chop to Zacs neck as he went up with Palmer before the second. But the killer was the Cooney sending off. Cooney had his back to the flight of the ball and then was pushed and instinctively his hands went as he was propelled forward. Everyone saw that but the referee couldn't wait. Also the ball was not heading towards the goal but diagonally across the pitch so I don't see how he could be the last man in a goalscoring situation.
    Anyway, going by the first 59 minutes, I'm quite encouraged for next week where we will need at least a point.

I have to say, I'm a little alarmed by LB suggesting that the Alex won't appeal the card. Bell intimating that it would be the refs word against theirs. But won't there be video evidence. I think the Alex don't want to risk the cost of the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I have to say, I'm a little alarmed by LB suggesting that the Alex won't appeal the card. Bell intimating that it would be the refs word against theirs. But won't there be video evidence. I think the Alex don't want to risk the cost of the appeal.
    I think that if you are Manchester City you appeal that and it is overturned immediately without much discussion. Or, dare I say, Wrexham of course. But little old Crewe will get no change and will have to pay for the privilege. The referee was nothing short of disgraceful. As you rightly say, he ruined the game as a spectacle (no reason to not send someone off of course) by either not understanding the game or he was blinded by the Hollywood razzamatazz. Maybe offered a walk on part in Mr Reynolds next movie. Either way he did nothing for the reputaion of referees in this country!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Well for 59 minutes this was an interesting game but then the ref ruined it.
    How has he decided that 'Mad Dog' Macleanwas "not displaying enough aggression to warrant a red card". The ref also missed the chop to Zacs neck as he went up with Palmer before the second. But the killer was the Cooney sending off. Cooney had his back to the flight of the ball and then was pushed and instinctively his hands went as he was propelled forward. Everyone saw that but the referee couldn't wait. Also the ball was not heading towards the goal but diagonally across the pitch so I don't see how he could be the last man in a goalscoring situation.
    Anyway, going by the first 59 minutes, I'm quite encouraged for next week where we will need at least a point.
    Cooney was not pushed, it was just normal contact and he handled the ball clearly which is a sending off offence. Three home games and three losses 3-0. The Ref was correct..

This is a relegation team based on the last ten games. ie to the National League...We may not make the playoffs and don't deserve to....Doncaster and MK Dons do and one of those will be promoted..Blame injuries if you want too but too many basic skills are missing from the players...Never mind, our million pounds academy will sort it...I have never seen a defence so poor tbh..

So much and so little...Both those players fighting should have been sent off...The Ref was lenient in that case..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 20-04-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Cooney was not pushed, it was just normal contact and he handled the ball clearly which is a sending off offence. Three home games and three losses 3-0. The Ref was correct..

This is a relegation team based on the last ten games. ie to the National League...We may not make the playoffs and don't deserve to....Doncaster and MK Dons do and one of those will be promoted..Blame injuries if you want too but too many basic skills are missing from the players...Never mind, our million pounds academy will sort it...I have never seen a defence so poor tbh..

So much and so little...Both those players fighting should have been sent off...The Ref was lenient in that case..
    Oh dear! Here we go. Handball is not a red card offence. Cooney was clearly pushed and his hands shot up as a response to this. The ball was coming over his head from behind so he couldn't see the ball to handball it. Everyone saw it except yourself and the referee. But again, why let facts get in the way????

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

Mike, congratulations on talking utter tripe. Cooney's incident was not a red card, He was shoved in the back and the ball was otherwise heading out of play and was certainly not a goal scoring opportunity. McClean absolutely deserved a red, Rowe was rightly shown a yellow card for a poor challenge. The referee was awful and biased in equal measure.

I thought he had left for good!!! Doesn't go to the games so how does he know?

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I thought he had left for good!!! Doesn't go to the games so how does he know?
    I have but could not resist the odd one...LOL..

Have you ever heard of highlights where you will see far more closely the action on the pitch than you could possibly see from the stands...Go and look and see that there was no push by the wrexham player and there was clearly a hand ball and the Ref thought that was a sending off offence and if its an error, the club can appeal it and it sounds like they won't and so they accept it was a sending off offence..Every corner kick, every player is pushing the others...

Actually, I personally don't agree with the officials sending players off the pitch other than violent conduct because 9000 fans paid good money to watch two teams and expected a good match and the Ref spoiled that occasion for all the Crewe fans...

The club should appeal that decision as what did he actually do to get sent off? Yellow card and a free kick should have been his decision and the two players fighting should not have received yellow cards but red ones..

All three goals were from defensive errors and the problem imo is the academy training and tippy tappy football where in training they do this but in matches its sussed out by better fitter players...We looked terrible, no attack and poor defence. Its embarrassing to watch actually. We have had much better teams than this one. Say goodbye to promotion imo..We cannot defend headers coming in as our players don't jump up to head the ball away and Mickey was terrible that led easily to their goal. It was far too easy for three last teams that played here at Crewe...What was it? one win in the last 10 games? ie relegation form, imo. The club should sign fitter and better players and keep out the youngsters as they are a bind on the results as they are not good enough and get injured easily..I forgot to say, all that costs over one million pounds a season...Have Wrexham and Stockport got a Cat2 academy? A cat 4 academy means more money for better players and get rid of all the non players at the club except one ie the manager...Will it happen? Not a chance...What did the 4 managers achieve yesterday and at the previous two home games?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 21-04-2024 at 11:27 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast