+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Making Mistakes vs Tactical Instruction

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    You may need to change the way you play mid-season to suit what you have.
    But you don’t lock yourself in by signing or re-signing players who are not good enough to do what you want. Probably for 2 years as well.
    The transition from NL to EFL 2 hasn't gone smoothly.
    A lot of players and resources have gone on players who have hardly impacted the first team.

Morias, Randell, Colckett, Stone, Rawlinson, Warner, Randell, Adebayo Rowling, plus the unfortunate injuries to Palmer and Bajrami and Scott.

The number of players the manger has had available has been very small, and so often the bench has no-one who can come on and influence a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    A lot of players and resources have gone on players who have hardly impacted the first team.

Morias, Randell, Colckett, Stone, Rawlinson, Warner, Randell, Adebayo Rowling, plus the unfortunate injuries to Palmer and Bajrami and Scott.

The number of players the manger has had available has been very small, and so often the bench has no-one who can come on and influence a game.
    You are quite right, there have been quite a few where recruitment have got it wrong.
    Especially as I didn’t realise that we had signed Randall twice😊

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

You can add Chicksen and Tipton to that list, plus McGoldrick from Dec. 30 onward.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    You are quite right, there have been quite a few where recruitment have got it wrong.
    Especially as I didn’t realise that we had signed Randall twice��
    I think its all part of the plan to do everything as cheap as possible. I really believe the plan is mid table to higher with a chance of promotion via the play offs.
    Whether this will work over 2 or 3 years remains to be seen , or whether they will eventually realise they will have to spend on better players and a better coach to get promotion- lets see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I think its all part of the plan to do everything as cheap as possible. I really believe the plan is mid table to higher with a chance of promotion via the play offs.
    Whether this will work over 2 or 3 years remains to be seen , or whether they will eventually realise they will have to spend on better players and a better coach to get promotion- lets see what happens
    But that being said the real financial benefits come from reaching the Championship not L1, to be honest the football payments from the EFl are about 1.5 million in L1 compared to £872,000n in L2, compared to the massive 10 Million in Championship, not sure about the breakdown of Premier league solidarity payments though
    Also the sponsorship will be much higher in championship, and probably gate receipts too, but the difference from L1 to L2 iwill be higher but not significantly
    This is probably the reason the owners will not spend big to reach L1

That plan might work eventually, and it's good that we're trying to become sustainable.

However, I can't help but notice that this season the three teams reported to have the biggest budgets have taken the three automatic places!

Cheap as possible? So putting a new sound system in which would have cost a fortune, totally ripping up the pitch and putting in under soil heating and new drainage and plus the nest suggests they do things on the cheap?? No there not going to spend around 4-6 million on wages a year as others as it’s not sustainable, spending around 2-3 is probably soon going to be sustainable and that should be enough to get us in the play offs or higher with the right recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The problem is, Maynard was recruited primarily because of the way he likes to play. If he were the type of manager who likes to get it forward early and not "dominate possession", he wouldn't have been on Radar's radar. If he's sacked, he'll be replaced by a clone.
    Totally agree. For as long as the Reedtz are in town, we’ll have very similar manager/coaches.

However, I do think we can main possession by changing tactically. The central CB is the most important role and I think that role has to be simplified to be as effective as possible at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That plan might work eventually, and it's good that we're trying to become sustainable.

However, I can't help but notice that this season the three teams reported to have the biggest budgets have taken the three automatic places!
    Its allways been like that, if you refer to the website the price of football, it shows that the promoted teams in any division are usually the biggest spenders - its just the way football is
    very occasionally a team gets promoted that hasnt spent a great deal , but it has usually been a team with the same manager and gradual improvement of players over several years or longer, even then they get to the next level they remain there- before eventually dropping back

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Cheap as possible? So putting a new sound system in which would have cost a fortune, totally ripping up the pitch and putting in under soil heating and new drainage and plus the nest suggests they do things on the cheap?? No there not going to spend around 4-6 million on wages a year as others as it’s not sustainable, spending around 2-3 is probably soon going to be sustainable and that should be enough to get us in the play offs or higher with the right recruitment.
    All very good improving the infra structure to championship level - but i think the money would be better spent on coaches or players to get to the championship first then impove the infra structure to that level
    We know now the owners plan - mid table with the hope of playoffs. Will it work - as i said it remains to be seen- but i suspect eventually they will have too spend a bit more to get to L1, but we will see

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast