+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- James McClean

O/T:- James McClean

Deserves all the abuse he gets. Quite happy to get paid in stg with the Kings head on it, then brags how he sang how he hates the king on Saturday- BBC Sport. Whatever your views, you need to keep your gob shut sometimes
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-04-2024 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

I'm not sure he or his family deserve death threats etc for not liking the King or not wanting to wear a poppy. That's a pretty warped viewpoint. Last time I checked this was a free country.

I'd be more worried for those flag waving royalists that line the streets to clap and wave at someone who has done nothing more than be born, inherit mind blowing wealth and managed to put a crown on his head. Who's main duties include waving and smiling at the unwashed.
    Yeah, well done mate, you're my hero

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    I'm not sure he or his family deserve death threats etc for not liking the King or not wanting to wear a poppy. That's a pretty warped viewpoint. Last time I checked this was a free country.

I'd be more worried for those flag waving royalists that line the streets to clap and wave at someone who has done nothing more than be born, inherit mind blowing wealth and managed to put a crown on his head. Who's main duties include waving and smiling at the unwashed.
    His video basically glorifying the IRA should have seen him behind bars for me. They're terrorists and no football club should have touched him with a bargepole

& thats why there will never be peace in the North. People in the limelight stoking things up for no reason. All he needed to do was celebrate, rap the tricolour around him, job done. Same as the poppy incident. Didn't want to wear a shirt with it on, just don't play that day or be named as a sub that doesn't come on. Most are then, non the wiser. The North is still hostile/bitter in places on both sides & it doesn't help things

After seeing the thread title I thought the o/p was going to say something along the lines of it being a bit grating that McClean has been doing the whole rebel thing his whole career while now playing for one of the most snivelling, lickspittle clubs in the country. I would have agreed.

But the point that someone can’t criticise the monarchy in general or Charlie Windsor in particular because they get paid in UK money is obviously ludicrous.

Your grammar seems to match your intellectual limitations. And if you can't spot it, QED. Thankfully there are people in higher places whose opinion is a bit more erodite.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Your grammar seems to match your intellectual limitations. And if you can't spot it, QED. Thankfully there are people in higher places whose opinion is a bit more erodite.
    Was 'erodite' deliberate or not?

Can't see a problem with criticising the monarchy. I would happily bin the lot of them but instead I'm forced to fund their pampered life styles through my taxes. Have you ever wondered how Prince Andrew managed to acquire a Swiss ski chalet worth £19 million?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Deserves all the abuse he gets. Quite happy to get paid in stg with the Kings head on it, then brags how he sang how he hates the king on Saturday- BBC Sport. Whatever your views, you need to keep your gob shut sometimes
    Can’t stand the bloke he’s your typical IRA supporter, an absolute waste of a life best part of him ran down his mothers leg.

A very nasty piece of work

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Was 'erodite' deliberate or not?

Can't see a problem with criticising the monarchy. I would happily bin the lot of them but instead I'm forced to fund their pampered life styles through my taxes. Have you ever wondered how Prince Andrew managed to acquire a Swiss ski chalet worth £19 million?
    Or why Randy Andy paid 12 million quid to a woman he swears blind he's never even met. Whooooosh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast