+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: New manager required

Well what a day. If you break it down it is quite interesting. Lr had to go, he was awful and the club could not afford him signing p.ayers this summer and failing. I do not think evans is what we needed for a new direction, but he is here and he will kick those lazy bar stewards into shape and bring back passion and graft. The scott announcement is very interesting, so the dof has gone already. This is all About TS going out in a blaze of glory, with no interest in the club long term. However good luck steve

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Well what a day. If you break it down it is quite interesting. Lr had to go, he was awful and the club could not afford him signing p.ayers this summer and failing. I do not think evans is what we needed for a new direction, but he is here and he will kick those lazy bar stewards into shape and bring back passion and graft. The scott announcement is very interesting, so the dof has gone already. This is all About TS going out in a blaze of glory, with no interest in the club long term. However good luck steve
    Debs you've amazed me pal. I thought you'd be blasting Evo's appointment. You may be right about TS, one last hurrah!

I’m quite looking forward to next season now. I can’t go on Saturday but will be definitely going against Cardiff.

It may not work out but I think every supporter should want it to and I hope everyone gets behind him. I think he is the best man for the job to say where we are as a club at present.

Fair enough to people who aren’t going to go while he’s in charge. I would much rather someone not turn up than turn up and boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I’m quite looking forward to next season now. I can’t go on Saturday but will be definitely going against Cardiff.

It may not work out but I think every supporter should want it to and I hope everyone gets behind him. I think he is the best man for the job to say where we are as a club at present.

Fair enough to people who aren’t going to go while he’s in charge. I would much rather someone not turn up than turn up and boo.
    Well said pal.

Brin i dont think it is what we need, but it will at least be more fun and entertainment than that boring everybody but me to blame richardson.

I'm not his biggest fan but the last 18 months at the club have been dreadful and fans have been hanging on by their fingertips.

Love him or hate him he will bring back an identity to the club and we have not had one since Warne left - We always seem to do better with a character as manager as he will insulate the players.

I was looking forward to 3 or 4 seasons in L1 to be honest and not having to rebuild the squad every season - That probably won't happen now, he will probably get us promoted

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Scott has been named 'Director of Recruitment', no longer Director of Football. They persevered with that long term plan for what? 3 months?
    This period has to go down as the most shambolic since we had the mafia mascot. Are we being secretly run by Liz Truss? I'm glad it's over, and I'll get behind whoever is managing us, but I'm definitely more convinced we have zero interest in long term planning after what's unfolded since Taylor was fired.

Despite my reservations, as a happy-clapper I will support SE as I do with every manager.

He will make a populist statement in the first press conference,he always does.this time i think he will target the players who aren’t not wanting to play and its low hanging fruit for him.wether you like it or not he is not adverse to naming and shaming players in his post match interviews so this won’t bother him.

I am prepared to see how it develops.it needed a shake up but one of my first worries is I don’t think he actually spent transfer fees wisely,he may have enticed free players on big wages.but as far as paying a fee unless I am misremembering I can’t think of a big trnasfer that worked.there might be odd one but most wasn’t successful.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    He will make a populist statement in the first press conference,he always does.
    His first press conference at any new club is always the exact same script with just the names changed. This one will probably be different though as it's the first time any club has ever had him back, Not counting Boston after his 20 month ban of course.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast