+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New manager required

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No chance fan base will be split already showing on here.

Once again it shows T/S lives in a fantasy world chasing his dreams. That’s me done didn’t want Evans before & definitely don’t want him now.

Steve Evans is the only manager who could have given this ailing club the kiss of life it needed at this moment in time. A club that was on its knees only a few hours ago has already been re*****ised and re-energised before a ball has been kicked. I'm not his greatest fan but I am a realist. We've all been moaning, or mourning, most of this awful season so I fail to comprehend how people cannot welcome the change that's been made and look forward to next season with considerably more hope and expectation than seemed possible yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Steve Evans is the only manager who could have given this ailing club the kiss of life it needed at this moment in time. A club that was on its knees only a few hours ago has already been re*****ised and re-energised before a ball has been kicked. I'm not his greatest fan but I am a realist. We've all been moaning, or mourning, most of this awful season so I fail to comprehend how people cannot welcome the change that's been made and look forward to next season with considerably more hope and expectation that seemed possible yesterday.
    Next season probably does come with more expectation now he's here, but as a club we have to look beyond just the next season, that's how we've ended up in the situation we're in now. We seemingly never have a plan further than the next transfer window. We might have some excitement over the next year or two, but in three or four years I wouldn't be surprised if we having another season just like this one.

Think he will be sussing up the dead wood. For the remaining games.
    Results irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Next season probably does come with more expectation now he's here, but as a club we have to look beyond just the next season, that's how we've ended up in the situation we're in now. We seemingly never have a plan further than the next transfer window. We might have some excitement over the next year or two, but in three or four years I wouldn't be surprised if we having another season just like this one.
    Masborough, let's just enjoy the next two years first then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Masborough, let's just enjoy the next two years first then.
    Yep, let's all be the average fickle football fan, everything is rosy as long as we win the next game.

I don't disagree, I've been arguing the need for long term plans, innovative forward thinking, restructuring for very many years but as I've said I'm a realist. We are where we are and we are who we are and if we have to live from season to season then I'm going to enjoy whatever the club serves up. (Besides, as I've mentioned previously, a short term view might be all I have left ).

100% agree. This appointment sums us up perfectly. A complete lack of any long term planning.

Neil Redfearn is checking his 2026 diary as we speak.