+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required

I feel like a very ill person lying on an operating table and the rather incompetent surgeon has just walked out of the theatre to be replaced by another surgeon who operated on me previously when he repaired my heart but left me with a colostomy bag. Should I be relieved or should I fear for the future? After the season we've had, anything has got to be an improvement!!

Think he will be sussing up the dead wood. For the remaining games.
    Results irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Next season probably does come with more expectation now he's here, but as a club we have to look beyond just the next season, that's how we've ended up in the situation we're in now. We seemingly never have a plan further than the next transfer window. We might have some excitement over the next year or two, but in three or four years I wouldn't be surprised if we having another season just like this one.
    Masborough, let's just enjoy the next two years first then.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    I feel like a very ill person lying on an operating table and the rather incompetent surgeon has just walked out of the theatre to be replaced by another surgeon who operated on me previously when he repaired my heart but left me with a colostomy bag. Should I be relieved or should I fear for the future? After the season we've had, anything has got to be an improvement!!
    Glenn, that's a deep way of looking at things pal. Your surgeon who has just walked in, actually performed two great operations the last time he was in the theatre and then went on to see his patient recovering well before he left. Hope springs eternal I'd say with this appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Masborough, let's just enjoy the next two years first then.
    Yep, let's all be the average fickle football fan, everything is rosy as long as we win the next game.

Next season probably does come with more expectation now he's here, but as a club we have to look beyond just the next season, that's how we've ended up in the situation we're in now. We seemingly never have a plan further than the next transfer window. We might have some excitement over the next year or two, but in three or four years I wouldn't be surprised if we having another season just like this one.
    I don't disagree, I've been arguing the need for long term plans, innovative forward thinking, restructuring for very many years but as I've said I'm a realist. We are where we are and we are who we are and if we have to live from season to season then I'm going to enjoy whatever the club serves up. (Besides, as I've mentioned previously, a short term view might be all I have left ).

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Glenn, that's a deep way of looking at things pal. Your surgeon who has just walked in, actually performed two great operations the last time he was in the theatre and then went on to see his patient recovering well before he left. Hope springs eternal I'd say with this appointment.
    Thanks for the reassurance Brin! I'll keep taking the drugs!

Serious question - does this make LR to least successful manager in the history of the club?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Think he will be sussing up the dead wood. For the remaining games.
    Results irrelevant.
    Agreed.

Dont expect anything other than those who have genuinely been trying to try a little harder.

The Grant Halls of the world won't be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance Brin! I'll keep taking the drugs!

Serious question - does this make LR to least successful manager in the history of the club?
    He could have a run off with Kenny Jackett.

100% agree. This appointment sums us up perfectly. A complete lack of any long term planning.

Neil Redfearn is checking his 2026 diary as we speak.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast