+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wear a sombrero for Steve this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    At least give him a go. Let me put it this way. Next season would you rather have Leam Richardson in charge with a fresh budget of bringing in new players for a good run at League 1 or.......Steve Evans?
    Neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He delivered the goods with us, Crawley and Stevenage. He didn't at Peterborough, Mansfield and and Gillingham.

My issue though is not whether or not he'll deliver the goods, I think to an extent he probably will, it's will he deliver it in way that's sensible and sustainable for the club long term. It wasn't last time. Going on his previous record there will likely be massive turnover of the squad during every transfer window, would the money that he will inevitably waste in pursuit of short term glory be better spent on things that could help secure the long term future of the club like improving the academy, building a new training ground etc.

If all you're bothered about is being entertained next season then fair enough, but don't be moaning in five years time that the club hasn't progressed, we're still in prefab buildings at Roundwood and we haven't brought a young lad through since Ben Wiles.
    How much have we progressed as a club since Evans left and managers such as Warne were in charge though?

I liked Warne and wish he wouldn’t have left but we haven’t been able to train on our training ground for a lot of time this season and I haven’t seen much from our academy recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Hear hear.
    People with common sense and actually care about the club don’t want him…..SE, the TS season ticket saver.

We must have spent more money on compensation since taylor was signed than we have on players.

And, why isn’t the compensation payments entered into accounts? Must have overlooked when I looked at them….
    Sorry buts that’s just rubbish. People who care about the club have opinions one way or another. To say it’s a lack of common sense is well someone who in this post is displaying a lack of common sense.
    I respect the fact you don’t want him but just because some do doesn’t make them wrong.
    He’s back and he will get judged on results.
    He did pretty well on that score last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    At least give him a go. Let me put it this way. Next season would you rather have Leam Richardson in charge with a fresh budget of bringing in new players for a good run at League 1 or.......Steve Evans?
    Reply in full now….

Neither.

And before you ask who else, we both know that’s a difficult one.
    Our club is run financially well, but use of team growth money not so well. Of late, squandered, both often because we have not built upon successes by careful on field use.
    This applies to the chairman and more than one manager.
    So, what has led us to a straight choice between LR and Evans?
    Stewart, that’s what.

Managers.
    LR, looks as though he shook the tree, all reset now. TS got told some home truths perhaps?….that went down well I imagine.
    Media give hints, but it adds up now. Square peg, round hole.
    I don’t like his PR, and the half a lost sheep approach, if that was what he was like internally….but his tactics with so called better players? Enough for me that.
    Some may say, not seen enough. There was enough to say it wasn’t going to work.

Evans, well we know full well what we will get. Stewart gone for what he knows, a man after his own wallet.
    Due to finances, the free transfer / freebie pick and mix man (on steroids, out there on his own) suits Stewart nicely.
    Our shortsighted chairman still citing the old mantra….best chance of a bounce back.
    Watch what we spend, because it won’t be much, because now we can’t.
    Evans is the Hare, it either works or it doesn’t. Not a considered approach, unstable, volatile….and the football is mediocre till it manages to click (after jan loans) risky business. Not worked at D1 level anywhere else, has it?
    And now he is ten years older.
    What has been shown in between and come to pass fully supports the above.

Pair that against Warne. And managers like him. Sensible managers.

Someone else.

Redfern, stubbs, jackett, taylor, LR. Square pegs, round holes and Stewart sooner or later finds out.

And for many years during 2012 - 2024…..Stewart stumbled on a round peg, then let him go. Shortsighted.
    Doesn’t matter if you like or dislike any of the above managers.

Stewart’s glasses are round but he sees square images. Not hard to see the problem.
    Last edited by Millmoordays; 18-04-2024 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Better typing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    How much have we progressed as a club since Evans left and managers such as Warne were in charge though?
    Not much, but now any hope of it ever happening has gone for the foreseeable future. This appointment shows that TS is only interested in winning the next game and isn't looking beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Not much, but now any hope of it ever happening has gone for the foreseeable future. This appointment shows that TS is only interested in winning the next game and isn't looking beyond that.
    Could that mean there was never any hope (no matter who the manager is)?

Could that mean there was never any hope (no matter who the manager is)?
    It looks that way.

It is short termism from TS. Fatty may do well he may not but it wont stop the yo yo at best until infrasteucti at the club is better. Maybe TS is quietly happy with a yo yo. Just don't grumble when we are struggling to stay in champ again assuming we get up.

I liked Warne and wish he wouldn’t have left but we haven’t been able to train on our training ground for a lot of time this season and I haven’t seen much from our academy recently.
    This is point, isn’t it? Evans has no time for youngsters, so you can forget that for a start.
    He brought Eaves here, so that shows you one waster that will be staying.

One point is that Evans won’t know any of them….therefore any under contract, that don’t want to go, he will keep…..then change at will.

But, as one guy pointed, out…..loan rules have changed. If we don’t dump just about them all, one way or another….TROUBLE AHEAD.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It is short termism from TS. Fatty may do well he may not but it wont stop the yo yo at best until infrasteucti at the club is better. Maybe TS is quietly happy with a yo yo. Just don't grumble when we are struggling to stay in champ again assuming we get up.
    Roly, you spout on about respect on this board and then you go and use that term for our manager. Really!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast