+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wear a sombrero for Steve this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    How many sold players? Without looking at your list I can think of ward and agard. Frecks?
    Sold? Explain please.

The list shows apart from 5 bought, the rest were frees and loans.
    We sold agaard after last promotion.
    Pringle went after he left I believe.
    Of the 5 bought, 2 we didn’t make much if any money on…..

If your point is he made us money on players sold, we paid out 1.1m on bought players. We had a share off ward and full off agaard and smallwood.
    But bowrey and C Harris we lost money on….

So, making money is mute point because all the turnover of players (which agents will now get a big fee off) will cost us.

Bet you hadn’t thought of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He delivered the goods with us, Crawley and Stevenage. He didn't at Peterborough, Mansfield and and Gillingham.

My issue though is not whether or not he'll deliver the goods, I think to an extent he probably will, it's will he deliver it in way that's sensible and sustainable for the club long term. It wasn't last time. Going on his previous record there will likely be massive turnover of the squad during every transfer window, would the money that he will inevitably waste in pursuit of short term glory be better spent on things that could help secure the long term future of the club like improving the academy, building a new training ground etc.

If all you're bothered about is being entertained next season then fair enough, but don't be moaning in five years time that the club hasn't progressed, we're still in prefab buildings at Roundwood and we haven't brought a young lad through since Ben Wiles.
    Well said Mas, get the ludites back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    He was building sides for two different divisions , same when he was here before he built 4 squads for 3 different divisions. Like I said the rules are totally different. The loan market isn’t there now , like before . ��
    Up the creek and no paddle…..tell the chairman…..oops, he’s not bothered, all he wants is £££ from the bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He delivered the goods with us, Crawley and Stevenage. He didn't at Peterborough, Mansfield and and Gillingham.

My issue though is not whether or not he'll deliver the goods, I think to an extent he probably will, it's will he deliver it in way that's sensible and sustainable for the club long term. It wasn't last time. Going on his previous record there will likely be massive turnover of the squad during every transfer window, would the money that he will inevitably waste in pursuit of short term glory be better spent on things that could help secure the long term future of the club like improving the academy, building a new training ground etc.

If all you're bothered about is being entertained next season then fair enough, but don't be moaning in five years time that the club hasn't progressed, we're still in prefab buildings at Roundwood and we haven't brought a young lad through since Ben Wiles.
    Masborough, thank you for a more adult reply and I totally agree with your points on the 'background' building of, 'the long term future of the club like improving the academy, building a new training ground etc'. It now has to be the way forward. My worry on this is TS will still keep RUFC a closed shop when it's blatantly obvious the man needs financial support, he simply cannot continue to hopefully drive us forward on his own.

I feel there is too much personal pride at place with Tony as he denies others to come onboard with a cash influx. Yes it has been his baby from birth but in modern times financial help should be invited to drive us forward. This I feel will remain the status quo until he steps aside.

He doesn't have to give up all his legacy on shares so he can be removed, stipulations on maximum shares allowed should still keep him in overall charge. If only he would take the blinkers off.

A few duds, but far more that would be ahead of most of this season's lot on my team sheet!

Overriding point is, most supporters are sick to death of the yo yo, and last season bucked the trend of not being run properly producing a dire season.

We want to build a future. To a great degree we have been lucky in many respects with promotions. (Covid, we were shot and points saved us)

What is going to happen with Evans makes us feel like is not getting on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Overriding point is, most supporters are sick to death of the yo yo, and last season bucked the trend of not being run properly producing a dire season.

We want to build a future. To a great degree we have been lucky in many respects with promotions. (Covid, we were shot and points saved us)

What is going to happen with Evans makes us feel like is not getting on the right path.
    At least give him a go. Let me put it this way. Next season would you rather have Leam Richardson in charge with a fresh budget of bringing in new players for a good run at League 1 or.......Steve Evans?

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Sold? Explain please.

The list shows apart from 5 bought, the rest were frees and loans.
    We sold agaard after last promotion.
    Pringle went after he left I believe.
    Of the 5 bought, 2 we didn’t make much if any money on…..

If your point is he made us money on players sold, we paid out 1.1m on bought players. We had a share off ward and full off agaard and smallwood.
    But bowrey and C Harris we lost money on….

So, making money is mute point because all the turnover of players (which agents will now get a big fee off) will cost us.

Bet you hadn’t thought of that?
    I wasn't making a point I was asking a question. Your very aggressive with your posts tonight maybe the appointment of Mr E has got you miffed?

Evo'll get 'em fired up for the weekend, and hopefully three points. Always said he's a good 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I wasn't making a point I was asking a question. Your very aggressive with your posts tonight maybe the appointment of Mr E has got you miffed?
    Or?????

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast