+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wear a sombrero for Steve this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Steve Evans…..the pick and mix, suck and see, managers guide to choosing players….and wasting money.

And people (some) think he is a good manager.
    So you're not going anymore then while he's at the helm?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It's not a myth, the full list is here across 4 pages, all permanent signings and loan players are listed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/steve-...ation_id=53611
    Wow, only FIVE players bought…..loans nearly equal? Freebies…..
    No wonder telfon wants him back.

22 man squad next season plus home grown players . Only 7 subs . Rules on signing players are totally different from when Steve Evans was here last time .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So you're not going anymore then while he's at the helm?
    And you think that’s a point worth making? Hardly a good one, is it, shows you are in the minority.

You can question those in charge, but still go. WE are the club, not them. And we have to put up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    22 man squad next season plus home grown players . Only 7 subs . Rules on signing players are totally different from when Steve Evans was here last time .
    But he's still managed to sign 42 players in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    WOW….

they won’t like that….trouble brewing. Bet our illustrious board didn’t know that. We will have to excuse ourselves, it’s their job to know.

Thanks for telling us.. It may well sway people, or at least be aware…..mind you, with our record it won’t matter.

Wow, only FIVE players bought…..loans nearly equal? Freebies…..
    No wonder telfon wants him back.
    How many sold players? Without looking at your list I can think of ward and agard. Frecks?

And you think that’s a point worth making? Hardly a good one, is it, shows you are in the minority.

You can question those in charge, but still go. WE are the club, not them. And we have to put up with them.
    Answer the question or is that too hard for you? Are you still going to go? As for the minority I was renewing no matter who was in charge but now I feel super charged now Evo is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    But he's still managed to sign 42 players in the last two years.
    He was building sides for two different divisions , same when he was here before he built 4 squads for 3 different divisions. Like I said the rules are totally different. The loan market isn’t there now , like before . 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So I ask the question, as much as he uses a lot of players, does he deliver the goods? Okay I think you'll come back with Leeds, a completely different animal out of his comfort zone and Gillingham a flop but overall, is he not an achieving Manager?
    He delivered the goods with us, Crawley and Stevenage. He didn't at Peterborough, Mansfield and and Gillingham.

My issue though is not whether or not he'll deliver the goods, I think to an extent he probably will, it's will he deliver it in way that's sensible and sustainable for the club long term. It wasn't last time. Going on his previous record there will likely be massive turnover of the squad during every transfer window, would the money that he will inevitably waste in pursuit of short term glory be better spent on things that could help secure the long term future of the club like improving the academy, building a new training ground etc.

If all you're bothered about is being entertained next season then fair enough, but don't be moaning in five years time that the club hasn't progressed, we're still in prefab buildings at Roundwood and we haven't brought a young lad through since Ben Wiles.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast