+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpie Circle special with Joe Palmer, Richard Montague, Mark Stallard and Paul Mace

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    It’s basically the same thing
    They couldn't have made it clearer that they're not going to do a Wrexham, but it was also fairly obvious they are looking to upgrade the defence this summer.

It’s basically the same thing
    Well it’s not is it?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Anyone else surprised the season tickets are being announced after the season ends?
    I am. I was just about to start a topic on when prices would be announced, because for years I've usually renewed by now.

I wonder if we're planning something radical like a big reduction? It worked brilliantly for Bradford City in terms of attendances when they cut prices by 50% a few years ago. Even next season an adult can watch 23 games there for £249 (less than £11 per game) which is great value compared to the rest. Unlike Forest and Stags we have more seats than fans, it would be the ideal time to take a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well it’s not is it?
    Well it is whichever way you see it, (one man’s wine is one man’s poison) no one should overspend or risk the sustainability, I just wish we had a bit more realism from the recruiting. Regardless recruitment (defensively) for the past season and half has been piss poor to say the least, something is wrong, again to watch last nights defensive display not for tbe first time (more often than not) shows that we / the model have got it wrong, and there’s something wrong with the model / system. Oh for a Mark Ellis central type defender.

Well it is whichever way you see it, (one man’s wine is one man’s poison) no one should overspend or risk the sustainability, I just wish we had a bit more realism from the recruiting. Regardless recruitment (defensively) for the past season and half has been piss poor to say the least, something is wrong, again to watch last nights defensive display not for tbe first time (more often than not) shows that we / the model have got it wrong, and there’s something wrong with the model / system. Oh for a Mark Ellis central type defender.
    You can argue last season it wasn’t as we had the 2nd best defence in the league with Wrexham behind us who spent a fortune on theirs. It’s easy to say in hindsight but we’ve literally let in already double the amount of goals this season which is a massive surprise to me. I expected us to let more in if we changed nothing but not double and I think the club probably thought the same.
    No one gets recruitment right every season and the biggest crime is not this season but it will be next season if they don’t get it right now they know exactly the level/tactics they will be facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I am. I was just about to start a topic on when prices would be announced, because for years I've usually renewed by now.

I wonder if we're planning something radical like a big reduction? It worked brilliantly for Bradford City in terms of attendances when they cut prices by 50% a few years ago. Even next season an adult can watch 23 games there for £249 (less than £11 per game) which is great value compared to the rest. Unlike Forest and Stags we have more seats than fans, it would be the ideal time to take a gamble.
    I was kind of expecting the opposite - that we’ll have to increase prices a little next season. This is initial prices from last season:

Exclusive renewal prices for 2022/23 season ticket holders

Adult - £374 (Derek Pavis) and £299 (Kop and Family Stand)

65 & over - £224 (Derek Pavis) and £199 (Kop and Family Stand)

18-21 - £108 across all stands

Under 18 - £48.50 across all stands

Under 12 - £21.50 across all stands

Early bird 2023/24 season ticket prices

Adult - £399 (Derek Pavis) and £324 (Kop and Family Stand)

I’m just not sure there are enough potential season ticket holders out there for us to sell the amount of discounted tickets we’d need to make it worth our while. Eagerly awaiting the announcement, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’m just not sure there are enough potential season ticket holders out there for us to sell the amount of discounted tickets we’d need to make it worth our while.
    I'm not sure either, which is why I described any reduced offer as a gamble. I just think that if ever we were to take the gamble, there won't be a better time than now. For the first time ever, our two close rivals will be saying "Sorry, sold out" to a lot of potential fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

More through the gate but still in league 2. I am not sure worked brilliantly is an apt description mate. it is cheap though but as seen by their pitch you get what you pay for!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    You can argue last season it wasn’t as we had the 2nd best defence in the league with Wrexham behind us who spent a fortune
    Not so. Bearing in mind we had over 70% possession in most games last season, we actually had the 2nd worst defence in the National League for time spent out of possession and defending. The warning signs were already there, and we only had to look at Stockport the previous year who ripped out their whole defence within the first few weeks of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I am not sure worked brilliantly is an apt description mate.
    What I actually said is that it worked brilliantly for Bradford in terms of attendances.

When they first started the half price offer in 2007, they sold 12,000 season tickets alone when their average attendance before was only 8,000. This season they are averaging 15,500, pretty good for a team who have spent most of the season in the bottom half.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast