+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magpie Circle special with Joe Palmer, Richard Montague, Mark Stallard and Paul Mace

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    You can argue last season it wasn’t as we had the 2nd best defence in the league with Wrexham behind us who spent a fortune on theirs. It’s easy to say in hindsight but we’ve literally let in already double the amount of goals this season which is a massive surprise to me. I expected us to let more in if we changed nothing but not double and I think the club probably thought the same.
    No one gets recruitment right every season and the biggest crime is not this season but it will be next season if they don’t get it right now they know exactly the level/tactics they will be facing.
    Foresight is always better than hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What I actually said is that it worked brilliantly for Bradford in terms of attendances.

When they first started the half price offer in 2007, they sold 12,000 season tickets alone when their average attendance before was only 8,000. This season they are averaging 15,500, pretty good for a team who have spent most of the season in the bottom half.
    It is a good model as more bums on seats means more sales in catering and more replica shirts and merchandise sold and importantly more atmosphere etc. Basically at the price they sell them for it’s worth buying even if you can only make half the games. Also having lived in Bradford for a while you can go in pubs beforehand and you meet fans whose first club is not even Bradford but who now live in the area and simply want to see a game and get a matchday experience. With Leeds being over £30 a pop it’s a big commitment so this option is a way to see a game on a Saturday with little outlay.

Would it work for us. Ask me that 5 years ago and I’d have said categorically not. Now though I’m not so certain. Our attendances are on a par with what we were getting in Championship (or whatever it was called then) so who knows and I agree - it might worth the gamble.

I personally don’t mind an increase if it means we can increase the playing budget, but let’s see what route they go down on 29th.

A very interesting watch indeed. Good to get some more detail on, well, pretty much everything!

Last edited by SwalePie; 18-04-2024 at 10:44 AM.

I wonder how many of those new season ticket holders will renew for next season ? After watching some of the dross this season..

My 1st season Ticket this season and the cash is ready to renew as soon as details released

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I wonder how many of those new season ticket holders will renew for next season ? After watching some of the dross this season..
    Even though there have been bad games we all know it’s nowhere near what we’ve seen before, crowds haven’t even dropped that much of late with even nothing to play for and some bad results.
    I think people will come next season, everyone can see the problems and I’m pretty sure the club will sort. Obviously CBs have been an issue but I do wonder what we are going to do at WB as that’s equally if not more an issue defensively or maybe we’ll go to a 4 at the back, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Even though there have been bad games we all know it’s nowhere near what we’ve seen before, crowds haven’t even dropped that much of late with even nothing to play for and some bad results.
    I think people will come next season, everyone can see the problems and I’m pretty sure the club will sort. Obviously CBs have been an issue but I do wonder what we are going to do at WB as that’s equally if not more an issue defensively or maybe we’ll go to a 4 at the back, who knows.
    The reason i ask is because, on Tues the amount of people who left the ground when the 3rd goal went in..

At least it's been highly entertaining dross! Any ST holder who has been to all home games will have seen a staggering 92 goals. Compare that with a Gillingham ST holder who will have seen a measly 44 goals in the same number of games.

We are also on course to concede the most goals of any club in the division, yet end up with a positive goal difference! I'd be surprised if that has ever happened in the EFL before.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What I actually said is that it worked brilliantly for Bradford in terms of attendances.

When they first started the half price offer in 2007, they sold 12,000 season tickets alone when their average attendance before was only 8,000. This season they are averaging 15,500, pretty good for a team who have spent most of the season in the bottom half.
    Can we rely on the figures though? When Notts played there a few weeks ago there were supposedly almost 18000 there. A few on here I remember were suggesting that the numbers were inflated (tickets sold not seats occupied)
    Anyway back to ticket prices.
    There wasn't much of an increase last year and inflation over the last couple of years has totalled around 17/18%. So personally, it wouldn't surprise me if prices go up by 8/9/10%. Considering what is happening over the river it doesn't seem too bad.
    I would like to see the heavily discounted rates retained for the younger supporters and the under 25 band re-instated.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 18-04-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Walked out when the 2nd went in against Boreham Wood..walked out when the 4th went in Tuesday. I’ll be back Saturday against Colchester and next season regardless. The difference at Notts now is improvement is always around the corner with the owners..not necessarily the manager but always the owners.

Losing has a temporary feeling..apart from the Boreham wood game. I was nearly in tears at the thought of a never year in the NL.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast