+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Summer transfers.

Summer transfers.

Top 4 might be ***** if we want to keep hold of Watkins Luiz and Martinez. Who should go and who would you bring in. Would you sign Zaniola permanently? We don't need much but I'm sure we're close to breaking the fair play rule. Mings and Buendia retuning will streathen us. I would like a right back, left winger if we don't sign Zaniola and a back up striker as I'm unsure Duran is ready and I feel should go on loan to a Premier league club. Emery has said Zaniola can do a job there I think.

So - this is elite football, which requires elite mentality and some of ours are showing this, I normally watch every game but couldn't catch the Bournemouth win, watching the goals in the highlights had me full of pride for how good we can be. I'm not convinced by Zaniolo, when he's on it he is capable but there have been times when he seems to lack the desire to be a good team-mate, throwing his hands in the air. Buendia does this too and I hope the culture Emery has created has rubbed off on him - Duran for me has come on massively with his attitude, he is a right handful. Rogers too, looking really good, our attacking options are brilliant - I can see us playing a lot of games every season if this plan continues.

Defensively - we have signed a RB already, Cash could leave? For me he doesn't have the elite potential, KKH is backup for now - let's see. Digne has played well this season, wages very high, could leave to balance the books - Moreno hasn't quite been himself, maybe the long injury still affecting him as it did Bailey last year?

Centre halves - when Mings is back not sure how it will work with Pau & Konsa who are both very good, we may end up with a system of the 3 of them, Carlos is back to form now and with Lenglet we have enough (is he on loan?).

Kamara - definitely an area we need to strengthen, Luiz & McGinn can't play every game & Tielemans doesn't look like he has too many games left in him. I don't think Emery trusts Tim or else he'd get more minutes.

The rest takes care of itself including Martinez as we now have Gauci.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    So - this is elite football, which requires elite mentality and some of ours are showing this, I normally watch every game but couldn't catch the Bournemouth win, watching the goals in the highlights had me full of pride for how good we can be. I'm not convinced by Zaniolo, when he's on it he is capable but there have been times when he seems to lack the desire to be a good team-mate, throwing his hands in the air. Buendia does this too and I hope the culture Emery has created has rubbed off on him - Duran for me has come on massively with his attitude, he is a right handful. Rogers too, looking really good, our attacking options are brilliant - I can see us playing a lot of games every season if this plan continues.

Defensively - we have signed a RB already, Cash could leave? For me he doesn't have the elite potential, KKH is backup for now - let's see. Digne has played well this season, wages very high, could leave to balance the books - Moreno hasn't quite been himself, maybe the long injury still affecting him as it did Bailey last year?

Centre halves - when Mings is back not sure how it will work with Pau & Konsa who are both very good, we may end up with a system of the 3 of them, Carlos is back to form now and with Lenglet we have enough (is he on loan?).

Kamara - definitely an area we need to strengthen, Luiz & McGinn can't play every game & Tielemans doesn't look like he has too many games left in him. I don't think Emery trusts Tim or else he'd get more minutes.

The rest takes care of itself including Martinez as we now have Gauci.
    What he said.

Striker please .

Seriously, I believe that Unai has a young Villareal striker on his mind. Villareal to the realVilla. Makes sense,

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)