+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whilst we are resetting…..

Whilst we are resetting…..

Now we have gone the Chairman’s full circle…….

Can we please ditch the sir cliff’s cringeworthy?, er, song.

No one noticed that we had some ‘drama’ build up music as they came out before, we had a cheer, a roar (sort of) at kick off.
    It’ll do again. Better than cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Now we have gone the Chairman’s full circle…….

Can we please ditch the sir cliff’s cringeworthy?, er, song.

No one noticed that we had some ‘drama’ build up music as they came out before, we had a cheer, a roar (sort of) at kick off.
    It’ll do again. Better than cringe.
    Seconded. Aside from how badly it gets timed, and how piss poor the song is, it's beyond awkward to have a song by a guy who was a target during the whole Yewtree thing, when away fans sing that particular chant at pretty much every game.

It’s a song that I sung home and away when I was a pup . Fans did have a chance to vote. Wasn’t cliff Richard innocent of any charges.

At least it wasn’t “we're all going on a summer holiday” even though half the squad already had!

The vote was skewed.i have mentioned this to the club.and it was recognised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Wasn’t cliff Richard innocent of any charges.
    No. He wasn't pursued further. Only he (and any others involved, if applicable) will know if he's innocent.

99% of the town had no idea about the 1,400 victims, but in the tribal world of football it doesn't really matter. CR may be a saint, and none of us knew about the abuse, but opposing fans will still chant their tragedy songs.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    The vote was skewed.i have mentioned this to the club.and it was recognised.
    In what way was it skewed? Genuine question by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    At least it wasn’t “we're all going on a summer holiday” even though half the squad already had!
    I'm more grateful it wasn't "Young Ones"

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    In what way was it skewed? Genuine question by the way.
    I pointed out that certain social media outlets offered examples of songs,under which is said choose your clubs anthem. the way it read some may have thought they had to choose one of those examples and it wasn’t the case they was just examples but it wasn’t clear.just a small matter I know.it may or may not had a lot of effect but judging by people’s reaction it may have..

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    No. He wasn't pursued further. Only he (and any others involved, if applicable) will know if he's innocent.

99% of the town had no idea about the 1,400 victims, but in the tribal world of football it doesn't really matter. CR may be a saint, and none of us knew about the abuse, but opposing fans will still chant their tragedy songs.
    That means he must be presumed innocent!

I agree what you say about the connotations though and it does sound a bit naff.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast