+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Replays

Agree that it’s wrong that this decision has been made unilaterally by the PL and FA, but no one really cares about any cup competition anymore. Luke Williams’ attitude tends to suggest our owners think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Agree that it’s wrong that this decision has been made unilaterally by the PL and FA, but no one really cares about any cup competition anymore. Luke Williams’ attitude tends to suggest our owners think the same.
    Just a thought but no longer will there be a second round game between a L2 side and a VNL side where they know the prize is a trip to Man United away.

Just another example of them *******ising the game to suit the silver spooned spoiled children.
    Doing away with replays for a final where people want to see their team lift a trophy is one thing but what on earth has 1st and 2nd round got to do with these arrogant ****ers?

Use the LW example but it was unique - big fish, small pond and small squad. I'm sure if the brothers had a potential away tie at Tottenham awaiting in this league the attitude would be different.

I don’t know why they don’t just scrap the cup competitions completely. Clearly an inconvenience for all concerned, full of reserve teams and one of the ‘big 6’ winning every time. I liked ITV and the BBC jointly covering the FA Cup and they’ve got rid of that to put it on TNT, a channel most people haven’t even got.

Beg the PL for the extra pennies to make up the loss of income for clubs like us.
    The premier league has suppose to been giving 5% to the the leagues below for the last few years and still not, so no chance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Just a thought but no longer will there be a second round game between a L2 side and a VNL side where they know the prize is a trip to Man United away.

Just another example of them *******ising the game to suit the silver spooned spoiled children.
    Doing away with replays for a final where people want to see their team lift a trophy is one thing but what on earth has 1st and 2nd round got to do with these arrogant ****ers?

Use the LW example but it was unique - big fish, small pond and small squad. I'm sure if the brothers had a potential away tie at Tottenham awaiting in this league the attitude would be different.

If we happened to stumble upon a replay at Spurs than yes I’m sure we’d play our strongest XI and we’d drone on about the magic of the cup but it would be hollow words for me if we’d made 7 changes in the first round against King’s Lynn or someone.

The actual fight that should have been had was booting out the big 6 teams when they were talking about the ESL, those f00kers should have been made to pay a heavy price for that but they weren’t and now here we’re are. Maybe it’ll change when Man City actually have to answer to those 115 charges or however many they are.

If we happened to stumble upon a replay at Spurs than yes I’m sure we’d play our strongest XI and we’d drone on about the magic of the cup but it would be hollow words for me if we’d made 7 changes in the first round against King’s Lynn or someone.

The actual fight that should have been had was booting out the big 6 teams when they were talking about the ESL, those f00kers should have been made to pay a heavy price for that but they weren’t and now here we’re are. Maybe it’ll change when Man City actually have to answer to those 115 charges or however many they are.
    If the premier league don't want to play ball, scrap promotion to the premier league. Make it a closed shop, no one will spend billions on TV rights to see Crystal Palace v Wolves if nothing is on the line, once the product starts to wain, negotiate in a position of power as the rest of the prem will want to rejoin the EFL once they are reduced to making up the numbers. Kick them out of the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy and ban them from signing youth players from EFL academies with that stupid deal we get. Time to realise the EFL is highly watched in its own right

Agree that it’s wrong that this decision has been made unilaterally by the PL and FA, but no one really cares about any cup competition anymore.
    That's not true, I care for one. I've attended all home games in the FA Cup, League Cup, and FA Trophy.

The only cup competition I don't care about is the Pisspot Trophy, and I even attended that until it was hijacked by the Premiership clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's not true, I care for one. I've attended all home games in the FA Cup, League Cup, and FA Trophy.

The only cup competition I don't care about is the Pisspot Trophy, and I even attended that until it was hijacked by the Premiership clubs.
    You are a fan he might be speaking of clubs in general.

The whole game is greed now and you could argue politics too with UAE City and Saudi United in the PL.

You went but how much did you care about them in comparison with the league games? Fair enough if you can answer ‘the same’ but I imagine you’re the exception.

B teams in the EFL trophy are a far bigger disgrace than no replays imo. Absolutely intended as a back door into the pyramid and the reason I would never attend any game in that competition even if we did somehow make it to Wembley.

You went but how much did you care about them in comparison with the league games? Fair enough if you can answer ‘the same’ but I imagine you’re the exception.
    I certainly couldn't answer 'the same'! Three points in league the would nearly always be more important than a cup win, but I always wanted to win the cup games and was gutted when we lost. Especially against bloody Hornchurch!

B teams in the EFL trophy are a far bigger disgrace than no replays imo. Absolutely intended as a back door into the pyramid and the reason I would never attend any game in that competition even if we did somehow make it to Wembley.
    Fully agree, ever since that competition was polluted I've never attended a game and hoped we would exit it at the earliest opportunity.

And so do i, Ive gone to every cup game home and away, inc the piss pot trophy. Lower league clubs need to boycott the competition, because without them its pointless.. The FA dont give a shyte about anyone, other than the premier league..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast