+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Replays

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FA Cup Replays

Scrapped from round 1. Will help congestion for bigger clubs and will potentially ruin the money spinners for the likes of us and those further down the pyramid.

Disgusting.

I don't get how early round replays is any concern to the premier league? No replays, force them to play from round 1 and give non league sides a chance of a pay day earlier then

I don’t know why they don’t just scrap the cup competitions completely. Clearly an inconvenience for all concerned, full of reserve teams and one of the ‘big 6’ winning every time. I liked ITV and the BBC jointly covering the FA Cup and they’ve got rid of that to put it on TNT, a channel most people haven’t even got.

Beg the PL for the extra pennies to make up the loss of income for clubs like us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t know why they don’t just scrap the cup competitions completely. Clearly an inconvenience for all concerned, full of reserve teams and one of the ‘big 6’ winning every time. I liked ITV and the BBC jointly covering the FA Cup and they’ve got rid of that to put it on TNT, a channel most people haven’t even got.

Beg the PL for the extra pennies to make up the loss of income for clubs like us.
    The premier league has suppose to been giving 5% to the the leagues below for the last few years and still not, so no chance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Scrapped from round 1. Will help congestion for bigger clubs and will potentially ruin the money spinners for the likes of us and those further down the pyramid.

Disgusting.
    Or a better chance of knocking out a so called big team? Remember that Man City game when we drew 1-1…. Who knows what would have happened in ET or a penalty shoot out.

Just another example of football being designed to aid the big clubs and forget the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Just another example of football being designed to aid the big clubs and forget the rest.
    All that history, all that tradition. The highlight of every season kicked into the long grass by the bloody Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    All that history, all that tradition. The highlight of every season kicked into the long grass by the bloody Prem.
    Exactly. History and tradition counts for nothing, the Premier League is the new god and must be obeyed. No country in the world can match our passion for the game at lower levels, and last season five clubs at Level 5 averaged over 6,000. I've become a fan of a Portuguese club who now play in their Primeira Liga, and I've been to three games there. Their ground has a capacity of 5,000 and it only sells out if they play Benfica, Porto or Sporting Lisbon. I've been there when the crowd for a Portuguese top level game attracted a crowd of 2,000 with 47 away fans! We should cherish what we have created and do all we can to preserve it, instead we're kissing the arse of the big clubs.

Means very little now, something to fill a winters Saturday afternoon, haven't watched the cup final in years.

FA Cup became a joke when they started playing rounds in mid week. Bring back the good old days, Saturdays end of, an odd Sunday game

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast