+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to give up on long term planning

Time to give up on long term planning

Let's get real.

We don't have the money, nouse, fanbase or patience for it.

It's a lovely idea but totally unrealistic. Let's live for the moment.

We don't do planning.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    We don't have the money for it.
    Not true.

We don't have the nouse for it.
    ATM, true. Demonstrably so.

We don't have the fanbase for it.
    Club has an autocratic owner. Fans fall into line, we always do, one way or another.

We don't have the patience for it.
    True, now. The outcry over LR evidenced that from a fan perspective, and the ridiculous nature of the last two sackings/hires, and the bizarre DOF line show the club don't have patience either.

Every club that started developing with long term goals started without them though.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Not true.

ATM, true. Demonstrably so.

Club has an autocratic owner. Fans fall into line, we always do, one way or another.

True, now. The outcry over LR evidenced that from a fan perspective, and the ridiculous nature of the last two sackings/hires, and the bizarre DOF line show the club don't have patience either.

Every club that started developing with long term goals started without them though.
    I'm just glad I dozed off the other month during that 40 minute interview (bore fest) regarding Rob Scott becoming DOF. Those were precious minutes of my life saved that I would have never had back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I'm just glad I dozed off the other month during that 40 minute interview (bore fest) regarding Rob Scott becoming DOF. Those were precious minutes of my life saved that I would have never had back!
    Hope you caught the bit where he's basically a janitor on top of his old job, otherwise you'll be really confused when you clock Evans fixing the faulty lock in the toilets.

Let's get real.

We don't have the money, nouse, fanbase or patience for it.

It's a lovely idea but totally unrealistic. Let's live for the

We don't do planning.
    I wish you’d get real.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-04-2024 at 01:43 PM.

Is ir possible to give up on something we've never had? 🤔

To paraphrase Mike Tyson, everyone has a plan until they lose a couple of games.

Our idea of long term planning is planning to have a plan by 2040.

I know the wheels have come off recently but to consider there's been no long term planning in place is bit of a slight on what we've achieved since TS took over 16 years ago. I count 15 teams that are no longer in the league from back in 2008 and at least another half dozen that have experienced non-league football and bounced back. Sometimes you have to put in place a short term plan to stop the bleeding and give yourself breathing space to create a longer term plan. I'm hoping the SE appointment will do that because if it doesn't we could have been on a course to be joining the aforementioned statistics.

Long term planning?

Too many variables and uncertainties to effectively set out a long term plan

Long term aspirations might be a better grasp on what the supporters and club want

Having done that funding is needed at a time when nationally and globally the purse strings are tight.

…and we have 8000 supporters at best, so it’s a big ask

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast