+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup replays

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Loads of sentimental dewy eyed nonsense all over the media about the ending of FA Cup Replays.

I can almost hear Ron Manager in the background
    ' jumpers for goalposts, marvellous'.

The FA Cup has bern dead for years, since semi finals were first played at Wembley.

I just hope they go one step further and scrap the whole competition.

Time to ditch the Carabao, EFL trophy and FA Cup altogether and just have one brand new competition to replace these sad, jaded competitions
    Or the EFL clubs tell the FA to stick their cup and boycott it.

Then invite the Premiership clubs to join in if they’d like.

Put the old FA Ci format back together and have replays.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    FA say all parties agreed to scrap the replays

So somebody at our club voted on this ?
    How can that be true. The EFL clubs have not been consulted and that is why they/us are unhappy.

All parties = the FA and the premier league. Not the EFL.

I’d like to see a bit of solidarity against Klopp and pep. **** them.
    They don’t complain about playing friendlies in Florida or Tokyo.
    They already join in the later rounds of both cup competitions and have 8 less league games

Newcastle v Spurs in Melbourne in a few weeks.

But FA cup replays are the issue

I just hope they go one step further and scrap the whole competition.

Time to ditch the Carabao, EFL trophy and FA Cup altogether and just have one brand new competition to replace these sad, jaded competitions
    Surely better to keep the FA Cup and scrap the other ones rather than create a new competition?

Thought the statement piece was good ,that we are moving away from midweek dates for the 5th round back to a weekend…these games will be played between Friday and Wednesday….🤔…great innit…🤣

What's the problem, the top teams don't play their 1st team anyway.

Only a couple of seasons ago, we had the premiership U21 joining in the Pizza cup for "more experience", let them play in the FA cup then....or loan them out.

What does it cost each team to enter the FA cup?

Why don't all the EFL teams boycott the competion, and ruin it for the remainer?

I actually think there is no
    ' magic' to the Fa Cup.

It's quasi- religious nonsense the way commentators and fans go on about it.

Let's be right the big clubs can't be arsed with it , yet the smaller clubs want them to be bothered because there is a small chance they might beat a big club and this will give their grubby little victory more meaning.

I have been bored stiff watching many fa cup games, where sweaty little clubs pull their bags off trying to beat a Prem club who treat it like a charity match.

I actually think there is no
    ' magic' to the Fa Cup.

It's quasi- religious nonsense the way commentators and fans go on about it.

Let's be right the big clubs can't be arsed with it , yet the smaller clubs want them to be bothered because there is a small chance they might beat a big club and this will give their grubby little victory more meaning.

I have been bored stiff watching many fa cup games, where sweaty little clubs pull their bags off trying to beat a Prem club who treat it like a charity match.
    It's a fair point, especially when as an RUFC fan about the most magical FA Cup moment in the past 50ish years was when we fought back from 3-0 down to beat a non-league team 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    What's the problem, the top teams don't play their 1st team anyway.

Only a couple of seasons ago, we had the premiership U21 joining in the Pizza cup for "more experience", let them play in the FA cup then....or loan them out.

What does it cost each team to enter the FA cup?

Why don't all the EFL teams boycott the competion, and ruin it for the remainer?
    Or the EFL tell the Prem that they can no longer devalue the EFL trophy and invite some of the national league to replace the U 21s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast