+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

FA Cup

Another blow for the small clubs with the removing of replays from all of the competition.. Used to be the world's best competition, now its just been downgraded to a run out for all the top clubs second string players. God knows how this got voted through,just look at all the money that will be lost in Gate takings for clubs who get a well earned replay against top sides.. IMO...Completely unfair to all small clubs who will lose a fortune from this decision. Completely takes all the gloss off the competition for me.. All about looking after big clubs and European competitions..My interest in football is waning fast ..In fact I dont give a toss about us being relegated, in fact the sooner the better and even better Sky are showing most championship games (NO VAR) so what's not to like for us armchair fans ..Roll on next season.

Sean Dyche's lack of interest in the FA Cup sort of rubbed off on me Alfie. I have vivid memories of going to Wembley in 1962 and the FA Cup semi-final in 1974, other than that - forget it.

It is onlly a couple of seasons ago that the FA reduced the prize money available for the teams in each round of the FA Cup. This has had quite an effect on all the lower or non-league clubs and this latest move, all being brought about by the 'money clubs' along with UEFA's decision to extend the Champions League etc., will be detrimental from a financial point of view.

The sharks at the top of the footballing food chain are taking the proverbial mein freund.

Name:  TigerSharkBanner2 (2).jpg
Views: 128
Size:  85.2 KB

I'm starting to get seriously disillusioned by football.

No chance of big money replays for the likes of Newport County anymore.

Sheff United start next season on minus 2 points.A team that had to sell one of their best players to us for financial reasons.

Nottingham Forest deducted points for gambling when they got promoted to the EPL.Their argument - How do you expect us
    to compete otherwise - Fair point.

Everton in big trouble even if they do not get deducted further points.

MEANWHILE Man City,Chelsea etc appear to be able to do what they like and nothing happens,not to mention foreign Clubs
    such as Real Madrid & Barcelona whose debts are ridiculous but it doesn't stop them signing the "Stars" of the game.

Only a matter of time before we are back "Where we belong" in the lower divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I'm starting to get seriously disillusioned by football.

No chance of big money replays for the likes of Newport County anymore.

Sheff United start next season on minus 2 points.A team that had to sell one of their best players to us for financial reasons.

Nottingham Forest deducted points for gambling when they got promoted to the EPL.Their argument - How do you expect us
    to compete otherwise - Fair point.

Everton in big trouble even if they do not get deducted further points.

MEANWHILE Man City,Chelsea etc appear to be able to do what they like and nothing happens,not to mention foreign Clubs
    such as Real Madrid & Barcelona whose debts are ridiculous but it doesn't stop them signing the "Stars" of the game.

Only a matter of time before we are back "Where we belong" in the lower divisions.
    I am with you, b-b. I have just posted a thread questioning why I even bother with football.

There used to be magic, the underdog, the belief that, every season, your team could win honours.

The PL, what is the point unless you are one of the “elite clubs” who get away with murder. The EFL - what is the point of getting promoted to a corrupt PL whilst struggling to balance the books.

The lower leagues - forget it unless you have Hollywood stars to back you as everything is stacked against making any money with the death of the romance of the cup and so on.

Anyone recommend another sport to engage with? I am sick of it.

All the top sports teams/clubs are the richest whether it's footie. F!, motoGP, RUFC etc. I don't watch darts and snooker anymore but it's talent that wins there, not money. The other option is to support your local non league team though I'm not sure what that involves in Switzerland. How about Sumo wrestling Swiss?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    All the top sports teams/clubs are the richest whether it's footie. F!, motoGP, RUFC etc. I don't watch darts and snooker anymore but it's talent that wins there, not money. The other option is to support your local non league team though I'm not sure what that involves in Switzerland. How about Sumo wrestling Swiss?
    Thanks Chris. I don’t like lardies unfortunately

Who is actually running the game in this country ?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Who is actually running the game in this country ?
    Money and the people who have sold their souls to it, Malwayne. The game, integrity, the fans no longer matter. Simply who can make the most money by whatever means - fair or, more often, foul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)