+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum [01.05.24]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maynard is so dull and uninspiring. Particularly poor answer to corner at FGR.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Maynard is so dull and uninspiring. Particularly poor answer to corner at FGR.
    He was obviously more interested in the possession stats than us trying to score a goal..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was obviously more interested in the possession stats than us trying to score a goal..
    In agreement this time Durham. I think most would rather go down 2-0 with a fight than protect a 1-0 defeat. Not a John Wayne at the Alamo or Churchill at the Battle of Britain and I fear neither is our captain.

Football on the pitch needs a measure of passion and bravery; leave the calculated impassioned endeavours to the boardroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    In agreement this time Durham. I think most would rather go down 2-0 with a fight than protect a 1-0 defeat. Not a John Wayne at the Alamo or Churchill at the Battle of Britain and I fear neither is our captain.

Football on the pitch needs a measure of passion and bravery; leave the calculated impassioned endeavours to the boardroom.
    I know John Wayne had a long career...but was he really at the Alamo? I think you may be thinking of James Bowie or Davy Crockett!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I know John Wayne had a long career...but was he really at the Alamo? I think you may be thinking of James Bowie or Davy Crockett!
    He was definitely there in the film I watched

Didn’t say that though did he? Said due to us not being the most physical side they look to work corners different to get different angles balls into the box.
    He also mentioned we had something like 65% of the ball in games and he would rather players clear their lines when in trouble and lose possession %

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Didn’t say that though did he? Said due to us not being the most physical side they look to work corners different to get different angles balls into the box.
    He also mentioned we had something like 65% of the ball in games and he would rather players clear their lines when in trouble and lose possession %
    With one minute to go 1 - 0 down you won't score if its back with our keeper from a corner. There needs to be realism at certain times of a game that the 'ideal world' scenario needs binning for more effectiveness than possession.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 02-05-2024 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    There was literally seconds remaining of the game... We were losing. So what's the point in trying to work the corner when the ref is about to blow the whistle.. His excuse was pathetic and not acceptable..

There was literally seconds remaining of the game... We were losing. So what's the point in trying to work the corner when the ref is about to blow the whistle.. His excuse was pathetic and not acceptable..
    His whole contribution was poor, uninspiring and, at times, pathetic.

The panel has sent the audience to sleep

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast