+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum [01.05.24]

Maynard is so dull and uninspiring. Particularly poor answer to corner at FGR.

The panel has sent the audience to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    The panel has sent the audience to sleep
    Looks like the table at the last supper

I'd love to see the panel on speed

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The award for the silliest idea of the night goes to our CEO who wants to open the home stands so fans can have access to all, and end segregation.
    If fans in the kop can access the family stand facilities and visa versa, much more likely to spend money and such, not stupid at all

Decent event - important that the club engages with fans through nights like this, even if the quality of the questioning varies. Comparatively few questions directly to Stuart Maynard, but in a way I think that's a reflection of his current situation. Fans realise he will be starting next season as Head coach, but talk is cheap and results will be all that matters.

Cameron question - ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Cameron question - ouch!!
    Yes, but a legitimate one. No point having these nights and everything being nicey nicey. The fact is that several of Cameron's performances this season haven't been worthy of a captain, and although Maynard advised fans to remember his contribution the previous season, he didn't directly answer the question about the future of the captaincy.

Maynard should've done more to defend Cameron. He's about as exciting as a BT engineer explaining your broadband fix. Big negative sapping my enthusiasm for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Decent event - important that the club engages with fans through nights like this, even if the quality of the questioning varies. Comparatively few questions directly to Stuart Maynard, but in a way I think that's a reflection of his current situation. Fans realise he will be starting next season as Head coach, but talk is cheap and results will be all that matters.
    I would have liked a few more questions directed to Rich Montague, but overall an interesting night.

Couple of points:

1. Not sure how many young loanees we’ll manage to land next season given RM’s admission that Ollie Tipton was signed as a cheap squad filler who they never envisioned playing many minutes.

2. Key word of the night was BALANCE - getting the balance of the team right; getting the balance between defence and attack right; balancing the squad better by getting players who can play several positions (I think Mansfield did this very well).

3. The management and owners are excited by Jatta and Macca working together (McGoldrick not mentioned once all evening).

Shame there were no questions about formations to get the best out of our attacking options or whether 3-5-2 will stay as the default formation.

4. Poor old SM will never be earning a living as an after-dinner speaker - always looking to bring the conversation to a close ASAP, after a couple of bland sentences. He really is the complete opposite of LW.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast