+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctors appointments..

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    It’s all about freedom to do what you want which I’ve got a right to do unless griff gets an itchy trigger finger
    No chance of that mate. You’re in the clique now.

Ooooh am i? Fantastic griff 👍

What about bdb,I hope that he’s not in the clique?

I haven’t seen an application.

I will remember that when I revive and enforce the No Cumbrians Allowed Rule next season

Have to ring my doctors at 8am to be interrogated by the receptionist who will then decide if the doc will call later at his convenience.

I’ve got no idea if what you say is true or just your political bias because all I could read was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party,I’m sure that if Frank had his say then he would give me equally strong reasons to vote for the Tories,surely it’s yours and others fault in the elections when not enough people want the Labour Party in and vote Conservative instead
    I’m refusing to get into a debate on why I don’t take part in something that I can’t be bothered about,whenever I look on the news there’s always a politician mentioned at sometime who’s been looking after themselves and lining their pockets,it was a woman from the Labour Party a few days ago when I tuned in so it’s just not the Conservatives who are crooked,I’m just going to leave it to everyone else who’s got an interest and let them argue amongst themselves

The trouble is no matter who you vote for the government gets in

Chalky 2024
    I've read my posts again Chalky and I definitely can't see any mention of the Labour Party.

My intention was to emphasise the importance of voting, whatever your political beliefs.

Personally I am very critical of the current government. I would like to get rid of them because under their 14 years of power most things in the UK seem to have deteriorated and your complaint about the state of the NHS is a good example of this.

With regard to Angela Rayner (the Labour politician you are referring to) it was The Mail on Sunday (owned by The 4th Viscount Rothermere, a billionaire who lives overseas and doesn't pay any UK taxes) that started the current right wing media frenzy regarding her alleged failure to pay Capital Gains Tax when she sold her council house in 2015.

The amount involved is relatively small (circa £1500) and Angela Rayner claims that she received legal advice that no Capital Gains Tax was ever due on the sale. At the request of a Conservative MP, Greater Manchester Police are now investigating the sale. Angela Rayner has said that she will resign if the police believe there is a case to answer.

Compared to the billions of pounds embezzled by Conservatives and their cronies via PPE contracts during the COVID crisis the Angela Rayner tax issue is clearly miniscule and, to most impartial observers, the Mail attack is politically motivated (no doubt other similar attacks will follow) in the lead up to the General Election later this year.

Anyway, from what you have said, it is clear that none of this will be of any interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Have to ring my doctors at 8am to be interrogated by the receptionist who will then decide if the doc will call later at his convenience.
    Did you vote in the last election though Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    I've read my posts again Chalky and I definitely can't see any mention of the Labour Party.

My intention was to emphasise the importance of voting, whatever your political beliefs.

There wasn’t any mention of the Labour Party in your post but it came over like party political broadcast and I’m presuming that you are a Labour supporter that’s all howoldboy

I’ve got no political beliefs,non at all,I’m not bothered if the Labour Party,Tories,Green Party or the Moonies are running the country,nothing bores me more than politics,it’s just not me as I come from a family that has no political allegiance at all,two parents,four sisters and I lead the way in how often we have voted by a single visit to a polling station last year (I think)

The politicans p1ss in the same pot regardless of their party and it’s me that in the pot,if it was compulsory to vote my X would probably be next to whoever had spoken to me last,I’ve never asked them for their help so I don’t feel obligated to vote for them,I prefer to leave all of those shenanigans to you and the others if that’s what you like to do,I’m just p1ssed off that after 40 years of contributions to the nhs I can’t see my doctor the next day that’s all

There wasn’t any mention of the Labour Party in your post but it came over like party political broadcast and I’m presuming that you are a Labour supporter that’s all howoldboy

I’ve got no political beliefs,non at all,I’m not bothered if the Labour Party,Tories,Green Party or the Moonies are running the country,nothing bores me more than politics,it’s just not me as I come from a family that has no political allegiance at all,two parents,four sisters and I lead the way in how often we have voted by a single visit to a polling station last year (I think)

The politicans p1ss in the same pot regardless of their party and it’s me that in the pot,if it was compulsory to vote my X would probably be next to whoever had spoken to me last,I’ve never asked them for their help so I don’t feel obligated to vote for them,I prefer to leave all of those shenanigans to you and the others if that’s what you like to do,I’m just p1ssed off that after 40 years of contributions to the nhs I can’t see my doctor the next day that’s all
    You presumed wrong Chalky.

I am not "a supporter" of any political party. They all have their defects and sometimes it can be a case of selecting the best of a bad bunch.

Over the years I have voted for several different parties (but never Conservative) and at the last General Election I voted Liberal Democrat.

I believe the country would be better off with a system of Proportional Representation and until that happens the best option we currently have to get rid of the government is to vote tactically.

Just so that you don't have any other misapprehensions I should probably make it clear that I would also abolish the Monarchy and the unelected House of Lords.

Chalky can’t vote anyway, he has no photo ID as a man of mystery & legends.. a paper driving licence still, no need for a passport or a bus pass… 😎

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)