+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctors appointments..

Doctors appointments..

Phoned the doctors up this morning to try to make an appointment and 30 minutes later was still 8th in line so I gave up and rang back later in the afternoon ,25 minutes it took to get through and my appointment is a week on Monday,what the hell is going on,it never was this bad in the past when you just rang up and saw the doctor the next day,worlds gone to the dogs,if I peg it between now and the 29th you will know who to blame

With Private Healthcare not a problem… think it’s about a £100 & easy to book & claim back.. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    Phoned the doctors up this morning to try to make an appointment and 30 minutes later was still 8th in line so I gave up and rang back later in the afternoon ,25 minutes it took to get through and my appointment is a week on Monday,what the hell is going on,it never was this bad in the past when you just rang up and saw the doctor the next day,worlds gone to the dogs,if I peg it between now and the 29th you will know who to blame
    It's called a Conservative Government.

The b*stards have been in power for 15 years and couldn't give a s**t about people like you Chalky.

They are only interested in looking after themselves, defrauding the state and tax avoidance.

Anyone who didn't vote at the General Election really shouldn't complain though.

None give a s..te about anyone Howoldboy ..

Great News National Insurance cut… F0ok the NHS…

Promised a Tax rise on earning limits in their “Manifesto”

Post brexit there is a “ferry” service now across the Channel for Migrants.. French don’t give a s..ite

Could crack on but won’t …

No one cares anymore who wins.. all as bent as a 10 bob note as each other… Lying b45tards

Ps… sorry… my Company Private Health Care does not grant me access to a Doctors appointment… I have to app via NHS website or join a long Q like the rest of us or.. like the BMI hospital my boy was in in Cheadle.. yep rock up anytime we are open.. have you got means to pay? If not Fo0k off…

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post

Anyone who didn't vote at the General Election really shouldn't complain though.
    I don’t think that politics (or the lack of interest in it) should come into it howoldboy,I’ve paid into the system for 40+ years so I have a right to see a doctor within 24 hrs in my eyes,do you think that Labour voters should get to the back of the queue behind the true blues?

Tbh I’m quite proud of the fact that I have no interest in politics,I don’t get drawn into arguments about it as I don’t know one politican from another unless they are blatantly obvious

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    I don’t think that politics (or the lack of interest in it) should come into it howoldboy,I’ve paid into the system for 40+ years so I have a right to see a doctor within 24 hrs in my eyes,do you think that Labour voters should get to the back of the queue behind the true blues?

Tbh I’m quite proud of the fact that I have no interest in politics,I don’t get drawn into arguments about it as I don’t know one politican from another unless they are blatantly obvious
    I agree that politics shouldn't come into it Chalky. But the reality is that it does.

If the Conservatives keep reducing NHS funding, with the ultimate objective being to reduce the amount of tax the wealthy pay and make everyone pay privately for health care, should we just collectively shrug our shoulders and accept it, even though many of us, like you, have paid National Insurance for 40 years.

Should we all just bury our heads in the sand and say I have no interest in politics, they are all the same so f**k it I won't bother voting.

Voting gives you the power to decide how the UK is run. The MPs you help to elect will be making decisions on issues that you care about, such as the NHS.

An election is your chance to speak out if you have a complaint about the way the country is being run.

If you don’t vote, you’ll have had no say over who will be making decisions on issues that are important to you.

Over the years many campaigners have sacrificed their lives to win the right to vote. It is disrespectful to them to waste your vote.

If you don't care about the state of the NHS, just continue the way you are and watch it disappear.

If you do care, open your eyes and ears, start talking and listening to people who use, or work in, the NHS and ask them what they think about how it is being run.

After listening, get off your arse and head to the Polling Station next chance you get.

People like you can change things for the better, but only if you vote!

I always vote and always have. I owe it to the sacrifices of previous generations to uphold democracy so I would feel I was letting them down if I didn’t exercise my democratic right.

As for doctors, here in Gloucestershire you can wait up to a fortnight for an appointment though there is a triage system for very urgent cases. I can’t get an NHS dentist though, and we’ve had to join a waiting list just to get into the local private practice. In Cumbria we were on a list and got an NHS dentist after about two months. Great dentists in Wigton. Our last GP surgery had a call-back system for appointments and if they felt they needed to see me I was often asked “can you be here in half an hour”. If I said it wasn’t that urgent it would be about 5 days. God bless Cumbria.

I’ve got no idea if what you say is true or just your political bias because all I could read was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Labour Party,I’m sure that if Frank had his say then he would give me equally strong reasons to vote for the Tories,surely it’s yours and others fault in the elections when not enough people want the Labour Party in and vote Conservative instead
    I’m refusing to get into a debate on why I don’t take part in something that I can’t be bothered about,whenever I look on the news there’s always a politician mentioned at sometime who’s been looking after themselves and lining their pockets,it was a woman from the Labour Party a few days ago when I tuned in so it’s just not the Conservatives who are crooked,I’m just going to leave it to everyone else who’s got an interest and let them argue amongst themselves

The trouble is no matter who you vote for the government gets in

Chalky 2024

What about this board then howoldboy,I don’t support Carlisle and couldn’t name a single player in the back four but I come on here because I like talking to you and griff,should I stick to just posting on Notts mad because I don’t support Utd? It’s all about freedom to do what you want which I’ve got a right to do unless griff gets an itchy trigger finger

Anyway I spent 20 years in the NHS albeit on the lower rung of the ladder but you do get to witness a hospital at work that patients and outsiders don’t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)