Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head there howoldboy,its companionship without having to go out and meet people,I’m very happy in my own company and it’s usually a problem for other people when I decline their offers to go for a pint or whatever,my niece is getting married next year and I’ve told her that I won’t be going as the thought of it horrified me and she just laughed and said that she knew I wouldn’t come
Bdb is a great person to know and I speak to him a lot on WhatsApp but even he will tell you that sometimes I switch my phone off for weeks on end just to be in my own company,being on your own is a great mind cleanser

Thanks for the kind words though howoldboy,it was very nice of you
Filling up now 🥲…

It’s true, Chalky & I chat pretty much everyday on WhatsApp & occasionally on the phone. If I’m honest I probably chunner more with him than Mrs BDB.. he’s a great guy with a great sense of humour and a lot going on personally…

I have tried many times to coax him up here with a rich house / poor house type swap to experience my world of Beer, Takeaways & posh Italian meals.. I see Kel occasionally in the local as well.

I know where he lives.. long story but he has my word I would never just rock up at his front door..

When he goes walkabout a part of me misses the banter we have..

Also, he’s a great source of free beer 😎😀