+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Macca and Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Neither can leave unless the club agree and collect a fee
    The same applies to Dan Crowley
    I believe none of them are actively looking to go but how would any of us feel working in a group in any walk of life where some other members of your team were making the same mistakes week after week and in at least one case has an attitude that stinks the place out?
    So Baldwin then.

Time will tell
    So you made it up then!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So you made it up then!!
    That's right
    Everything is fine

The big thing in our favour with JJ is that having had 3-4 years out with ACL injuries, potential buyers will have medical staff stressing the risk of paying good money for someone with an underlying injury risk. I honestly think this may stop us getting the million quid he’s worth, which suits us fine

Quote Originally Posted by Floodlightclimber View Post
    The big thing in our favour with JJ is that having had 3-4 years out with ACL injuries, potential buyers will have medical staff stressing the risk of paying good money for someone with an underlying injury risk. I honestly think this may stop us getting the million quid he’s worth, which suits us fine
    A million for a L2 player in the last year of his contract? Not sure anyone will be going that high. I hope Notts speak with JJ and offer him a new contract. If he doesn’t want one then any decent offer should be considered and we take the money. If we got 500k, I think that would be good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    A million for a L2 player in the last year of his contract? Not sure anyone will be going that high. I hope Notts speak with JJ and offer him a new contract. If he doesn’t want one then any decent offer should be considered and we take the money. If we got 500k, I think that would be good business.
    This seems like the sensible and business like approach. Offer him a new contract and let’s hope he takes it. If not, then “Thank you” Jodi for such fantastic entertainment.

That's right
    Everything is fine
    Why can’t you tell us the source of your info? You claim that one player has an attitude that stinks but won’t say who it is ! Are you just sh*t-stirring?. Looking at some of your previous posts, it seems you have a vendetta against Baldwin.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 20-04-2024 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think £500K is also optimistic to be honest. I would be surprised if anyone bid more than £300K but expect a few to try it on with £150K bids, which we will obviously turn down (you would hope).

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Why can’t you tell us the source of your info? You claim that one player has an attitude that stinks but won’t say who it is ! Are you just sh*t-stirring?. Looking at some of your previous posts, it seems you have a vendetta against Baldwin.
    I don’t think you understand that not everyone on this board sits and watches the game on the radio. Some of us know players / sources, for example I was sat in the directors box with the Stockport directors (and as mentioned in other threads other League 2 managers too) I’ve heard / been told things too, but I’m not prepared to put mates etc at risk. The point is, a lot of times names / sources can’t be named, just accept that some people are closer to the club than your radio at home!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I don’t think you understand that not everyone on this board sits and watches the game on the radio. Some of us know players / sources, for example I was sat in the directors box with the Stockport directors (and as mentioned in other threads other League 2 managers too) I’ve heard / been told things too, but I’m not prepared to put mates etc at risk. The point is, a lot of times names / sources can’t be named, just accept that some people are closer to the club than your radio at home!
    Well if anyone is given private information about players from trusted sources, it was obviously given in confidence and quite rightly so should not be blabbed on forums! Also, no one should make statements about players as though it is fact unless they are prepared to back it up. As for you being obsessed by me or other Notts supporters who only listen on the radio, there may come a time when you (after attending virtually most home matches for 50+ years) are in poor health and not fit enough to go to the ground anymore. For me and many other older Notts fans, the radio and ifollow have been a godsend but hey ho, you just blast people because thats what you do.
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 20-04-2024 at 01:11 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast