+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Macca and Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I don’t think you understand that not everyone on this board sits and watches the game on the radio. Some of us know players / sources, for example I was sat in the directors box with the Stockport directors (and as mentioned in other threads other League 2 managers too) I’ve heard / been told things too, but I’m not prepared to put mates etc at risk. The point is, a lot of times names / sources can’t be named, just accept that some people are closer to the club than your radio at home!
    Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I don’t think you understand that not everyone on this board sits and watches the game on the radio. Some of us know players / sources, for example I was sat in the directors box with the Stockport directors (and as mentioned in other threads other League 2 managers too) I’ve heard / been told things too, but I’m not prepared to put mates etc at risk. The point is, a lot of times names / sources can’t be named, just accept that some people are closer to the club than your radio at home!
    Well if anyone is given private information about players from trusted sources, it was obviously given in confidence and so should not be blabbed on forums! Also, no one should make statements about players as though it is fact unless they are prepared to back it up. As for you being obsessed by me or other Notts supporters who only listen on the radio, there may come a time when you (after attending virtually most home matches for 50+ years) are in poor health and not fit enough to go to the ground anymore. For me and many other older Notts fans, the radio and ifollow have been a godsend but hey ho, you just blast people because thats what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Well if anyone is given private information about players from trusted sources, it was obviously given in confidence and so should not be blabbed on forums! Also, no one should make statements about players as though it is fact unless they are prepared to back it up. As for you being obsessed by me or other Notts supporters who only listen on the radio, there may come a time when you (after attending virtually most home matches for 50+ years) are in poor health and not fit enough to go to the ground anymore. For me and many other older Notts fans, the radio and ifollow have been a godsend but hey ho, you just blast people because thats what you do.
    A lot of non attending supporters support Notts in other ways, sponsorship, IFollow, buying merchandise etc which is brilliant and adds to the growth of the club. All I would say as has been pointed out to yourself many times by various people, think before you type, there’s a few people on here who have connections into the club, and can’t post sources, just don’t believe everything you are fed by the club or other organizations in life. Enjoy the match whichever you way the follow it.

Any ITKs think there’s anything in the fact Macca was subbed off after 70 minutes to a rousing ovation?

Felt a bit meaningful I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Any ITKs think there’s anything in the fact Macca was subbed off after 70 minutes to a rousing ovation?

Felt a bit meaningful I have to say.
    Macca I think was just given some love because he's gone under the radar a bit this season even though he scored 28 goals.

O'Brien felt very different, I think that was goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Macca I think was just given some love because he's gone under the radar a bit this season even though he scored 28 goals.

O'Brien felt very different, I think that was goodbye
    JOB’s body language suggested he’s on his way - although today was probably his best performance of the season for us.

The fact that Macca was annoyed at being subbed didn’t smack of a farewell performance. I assume SM just wanted to see how Cedwyn would fare in the No.9 role.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    JOB’s body language suggested he’s on his way - although today was probably his best performance of the season for us.

The fact that Macca was annoyed at being subbed didn’t smack of a farewell performance. I assume SM just wanted to see how Cedwyn would fare in the No.9 role.
    True and the look on Langstaff is a good sign.

I remember Keegan talking about Andy Cole he said he'd watched him for a while and one game Bristol City were losing 5-0 & Cole got taken off.

Cole was going mad even at 5-0 down being taken off and Keegan said that was when he decided we gotta sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

So SM needs to know the No9 role will be ok because he knows Macca is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    So SM needs to know the No9 role will be ok because he knows Macca is leaving
    I think it was a case Scott deserves a bit more game time after all he’s been through and Macca got a good applause for his seasons work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    This may well be the last time we see Macca and Jodi at home.
    Let’s give them a good send off.
    Will be interesting to see how they react after the final whistle.
    Thank you both. Tremendous players.
    Why does it seem dome fans are willing them to leave. I wonder what the players think if they come on here and read thus. Why all the negatively?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345