+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Blackpool-v-Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts--Blackpool-v-Barnsley

Not that long ago this was meant to be a cracking weekend away by the Tower.

Two nights in a cheap B&B booked Friday and Saturday, fish and chips and burgers, suppin in The Manchester, all in the contented knowledge that a Play Off place was secure and maybe with a couple of wins second place could be ours.

Instead results have gone in a downward spiral and we are in a struggle against Oxford, Blackpool and Lincoln as one of four clubs fighting for two Play Off places, 5th and 6th, leaving two clubs out of the Play Offs in 7th and 8th.

The day out at Bloomfield Road has gone from party time to an arse twitcher. It could still be party time at 90 mins with a fine win, who knows.

I'm going for a Blackpool win, an Oxford win at home to Stevenage tonight and a Lincoln win at Cheltenham to set up a must win game against the Cobblers on the final day at Grove Street.

Go Well Neill and Den's Men. ("Den" is the name used by our new Sporting Director Mladen Sormaz, who has been working tirelessly and without unnecessary communication with fans to get the Play Offs over the line).

Not a happy hunting ground in recent times & Blackpool have been on fine form at their home so I would take a point now , we will see & although I have been saying for a long time that we will miss out on the play offs it does not give me any pleasure at all , hopefully I have got it wrong & we romp home into the play offs , only time will tell .

Exaggerated sun glasses , kiss me quick hats , Hawaiian shirts and shorts will all be in attendance tomorrow .

Lancashire Police with all weekend leave postponed keeping an eye on the pubs whilst bonehead bouncers patrol the doors .

A good greasy spoon Blackpool cafe to start the day and the traditional full English and straight on the lash , exotic dances have been known to frequent the Manchester on a Saturday dinnertime when the reds are in town , I use the term exotic very loosely .

All set up nicely for the main event inside Bloomfield Road which many reds won't make of course .

You get to a certain age and it's not quite for you anymore , this is one of those Saturday's .

Blackpool has become one of the most run down seaside resorts in recent years. The amount of boarded up hotels is absolutely extraordinary. It looks a real sh1toyle these days. Sad to see.

At best a draw, they still have a chance of the play offs so will be going for it

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Blackpool has become one of the most run down seaside resorts in recent years. The amount of boarded up hotels is absolutely extraordinary. It looks a real sh1toyle these days. Sad to see.
    Very true Pass but me & Mrs Shadrack go to the Viking hotel at least a couple of times a year on the old "all inclusive " package , great snap & brilliant entertainment , absolutely love it , been going for years & long may that continue .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Even the MP's round there are a bit dodgy

Scot Benton, most recent Conservative MP for Blackpool South, done for lobbying Parliament to benefit himself and certain companies

Mark Menzies, suspended Conservative MP for Fylde, for using Party Funds to pay off "bad people" who had locked him in a room. Classic Little Britain stuff---.being interviewed with family at gate of his drive " I slipped on the carpet and accidently fell onto Georgio, and then found I had entered him."

Summat's not reyt rarnd theear.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-04-2024 at 07:47 AM.

Name:  IMG_8941.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  12.4 KB

REDS: Roberts (GK), Cotter, Williams (c), de Gevigney, Earl, Cadden, Kane, Grant, Phillips, McAtee, Cole.
    Subs: Killip (GK), McCart, O'Keeffe, Chapman, Cosgrove, Marsh, Jaló.

BLACKPOOL: Grimshaw (GK), Husband (c), Pennington, Byers, Carey, Dembele, Coulsen, Beesley, Lavery, Ekpiteta, Hamilton.
    Subs: O'Donnell (GK), Gabriel, Norburn, Joseph, Virtue, Casey, Kouassi.

Connell and Russell still out .

Clean sheet and 3 points today Lads.

Why change the wingbacks for about the 25th time this season?

Where has the red hot Watters disappeared to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast