+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pareira

Pareira

Interesting insight into one of our fond of players

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-collapse...her-dream-die/

Can you imagine being in that sort of state mentally and then having fans and journalists pick apart your every move each week? If anyone thinks it’s easy to be a professional sportsperson, they should think again. It can be a pretty brutal existence and usually we have no idea. We just think “if I made that much money I would be happy”. It’s never that simple

Hi , I was offerd a job there about 45 years fantastic money. I turned down after speaking to a mate who had worked there .

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    Can you imagine being in that sort of state mentally and then having fans and journalists pick apart your every move each week? If anyone thinks it’s easy to be a professional sportsperson, they should think again. It can be a pretty brutal existence and usually we have no idea. We just think “if I made that much money I would be happy”. It’s never that simple
    It is brutal. He did well considering the drugs background. Would have left him with a lot of insecurities.

No time for people like that! I missed my church he said! Well then don’t chase money you hypocrite! I turned down a job in my 30’s which would have trebled my salary but it was travelling the world signing contracts. I had a family for a reason and not to be away from them due to big pound notes!! It’s a choice you take but don’t moan about what’s missing from your life then you earn big big bucks FFS!

Drink and drugs and his head was not right he says. Poor lamb on big money but on the other hand I have loads of time for similar people on are on the minimum wage - in the streets / looking forward to their next meal - need to pay their own state hospital bills etc.

Poor lad!!! People with money should stop and think of those without a dime in a far worse position.

PS - after being in Saudi he can now afford to buy his own church. FFS!

Yes, if he was so keen on going to church, why did he go to Saudi Arabia? For money, of course. Anyone remember a certain Peter Knowles, who was an extremely promising Wolves player? He had the courage of his convictions and gave up football for his church. Whether you agree with him or not, I have respect for him in sticking to his principles.

If we was fit and firing to his previous levels I'd bring him back in a heartbeat regardless of his reasons for leaving last time to be honest. Tremendous player for us.

Big IF mind 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    If we was fit and firing to his previous levels I'd bring him back in a heartbeat regardless of his reasons for leaving last time to be honest. Tremendous player for us.

Totally agree with that Dan as a playmaker like him we miss!

I’ll build the f u c k e r a church if that’s what it takes to get him back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)