+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taffy passes on.

Taffy passes on.

R.I.P. Taffy - you were one of our very best.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27433...wales-burnley/

Very sad news.
    RIP SuperTaff 🙏🏼

Awful news,what a great player he was,many great memories of him terrorising full backs.
    R.I.P. Super Taffy..the Welsh wizard. 🥲🥲

My favourite all time player. It’s no secret we named our son after him. Met him twice and told him exactly that, first time around. Only 71, can’t believe it.

RIP Taffy. One of my boyhood heroes.

71 really is too young. God bless and God's speed Taff.

My GP is from the same Swansea area and knew him.I may try and see if I can find out the funeral arrangements in due course.Saw him play
    for Burnley and regularly for Swansea when I lived there and was a season ticket holder and,of course,for Wales.Far too young 71.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    R.I.P. Taffy - you were one of our very best.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27433...wales-burnley/
    Agreed BT - he’ll be up there now on his nada and knees looking for his contact lenses in the grass 😂😂😂

A great player nevertheless

Sad to hear the passing of a true Burnley legend.

Met him many times locally, and on one occasion was the Worsley cup final. Rawtenstall v Bacup. Taffy was a keen cricketer and I was stood in a packed bar when one drunken clown started verbally abusing him about the clubs demise back then. Taffy put him right in his place and made him look 2 foot tall, he wouldn't take any sh!t and always stood

What a magnificent player in his pomp, a joy to watch. I can remember him in his later years playing as a sweeper for us behind a back four, it wasn't that successful but that wasn't Taffy's fault. He was possibly the last player to operate as a sweeper for us, perhaps even the only one. There were some cracking stories about him when he was at Morecambe, my sister lived in Morecambe at the time and kept me informed, not going into them on here though.

RIP Taffy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)