+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Free Bus pass

From the news:-

Ministers and Transport for London (TfL) have today (18 December 2023) agreed a new £250 million funding injection for 2024 to improve London’s transport system.

Just think how far £250 million would go up here

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Ministers and Transport for London (TfL) have today (18 December 2023) agreed a new £250 million funding injection for 2024 to improve London’s transport system.

Look after thy own as they say 'darn Sarf'

London is responsible for a quarter of the nations GDP so it's understandable they get the funding to keep the wheels turning .

It's not what I'd like to see , I'd prefer the country more even geographically .

Truth is anyone with any talent from up here will probably head to London because the jobs just aren't here .

How you change things I just don't know .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

NB. I wouldn't dare use it next season for away games because of all the never ending strikes and so ad hoc throughout a year, farcical this Government simply seems uninterested to resolve.
    This is very true. I spent all of this season praying for no strikes or booking a train ticket with less than two weeks before the match. We actually had no train strikes for the matches we went to which was a minor miracle
    Can’t carry on like that.

Our lot would spend it on cycle lanes no one uses and housing immigrants.

Bet you are missing Frank Casper - Brin

Not being thi carer

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Bet you are missing Frank Casper - Brin

Not being thi carer
    ....cheeky two hat.

I got my bus pass years ago. My sister ( 4 years younger) had to wait longer for hers, 4 years you would think, but no they kept on moving the goalposts on age qualification.

She died before getting one

I got my bus pass years ago. My sister ( 4 years younger) had to wait longer for hers, 4 years you would think, but no they kept on moving the goalposts on age qualification.

She died before getting one
    Grist, typical of the government to keep moving the goal posts on and on.

I was given a gentle nudge by the good lady when I got to 60 to get one. Of course thinking all was good at the time, I waited until around April time and decided to apply only to be told, that the government had abolished a free one for the 60's and over and, it was now only available once I had reached the Government retirement pension gage, which in my case is 66.

I remember back in the good old 70's when you could ride anywhere in South Yorkshire for 2p yes 2p. There were far less cars on the roads as folk preferred the buses which were always on time and yes they sometimes came in three's a plentiful bus service........where did it go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, typical of the government to keep moving the goal posts on and on.

I was given a gentle nudge by the good lady when I got to 60 to get one. Of course thinking all was good at the time, I waited until around April time and decided to apply only to be told, that the government had abolished a free one for the 60's and over and, it was now only available once I had reached the Government retirement pension gage, which in my case is 66.

I remember back in the good old 70's when you could ride anywhere in South Yorkshire for 2p yes 2p. There were far less cars on the roads as folk preferred the buses which were always on time and yes they sometimes came in three's a plentiful bus service........where did it go wrong?

But the thing was Brin the buses were subsidised from the council rates ( now council tax) which meant that many rate payers were paying for buses and transport system that they never used. So there was always a big call for that system to be scrapped.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast