+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Colchester Utd 20.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    We've turned the corner again.
    What's the official total now on that?

It was an absolute privilege to watch Jim O'Brien this afternoon.
    How I wish he was a few years youngrr

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    We stay in 14th, the lowest we can finish this season. Highest we can finish is 10th.
    We are just two wins short of being in a play-off position.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Probably did just enough to win in the end but the fact we've barely scraped a 1-0 against a team scrapping again relegation is testament to SM's time in charge so far, far too slow, negative and predictable.
    Meanwhile:

'Swansea head coach Luke Williams told BBC Radio Wales:

"I'm thrilled with the way the team played. They [Huddersfield] are a far better team than they were earlier in the season but now they have pressure and they gave us a tough game.

"That's why I'm so happy because it wasn't a walk in the park for us. Far from it. The players had to apply themselves.

"We were knocking on the door. We defended incredibly well. People put their bodies on the line and we came away without the opposition hitting the target.

"We have a duty to the competition to play properly. We have a lot to play for. We have fans to play for, then we have professional pride."'

Oh, and 0-4

Coincidentally putting both Notts & Swansea 14th in their leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    No intensity or effort.Rubbish Notts.
    Going to miss your cheery tones until next season😋

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Probably did just enough to win in the end but the fact we've barely scraped a 1-0 against a team scrapping again relegation is testament to SM's time in charge so far, far too slow, negative and predictable.
    I think that's harsh. Admittedly I watch on iFollow but that wasn't a scraped win, was it? I thought we outplayed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    No intensity or effort.Rubbish Notts.
    Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think that's harsh. Admittedly I watch on iFollow but that wasn't a scraped win, was it? I thought we outplayed them.
    Just got back we dominated the game and cruised through it, they were poor and put 11 players behind the ball for much of the game. I don't know how it was only 1-0.

Just read the whole thread and have to say I'm surprised. I thought that was a fairly routine home win with long periods of domination and quite a few chances created.

Is that me being a bed wetter or is the NCM pessimism filter at work?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Any 1-0 win is scraping it by definition, because it only takes one mistake or one piece of brilliance from the opposition to level up, as they nearly did when we decided to not defend a corner again.

What can we look for in the new season S M. Just said all the player will be here next season all had an excellent performance. But we will be signing player to improve the team (be very hard not to sign better defenders but I am sure we all get a few injurer prone players. Why no Jatta today?.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast