+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Colchester Utd 20.04.24 [EFL L2]

I enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Just read the whole thread and have to say I'm surprised. I thought that was a fairly routine home win with long periods of domination and quite a few chances created.

Is that me being a bed wetter or is the NCM pessimism filter at work?
    Yeah I thought we were pretty good today, albeit against a very poor side who didn’t look at all like they were fighting for their lives.

Should definitely have won by at least a couple more.

Thought it was quite a typical performance bar the lack of major defensive mishaps. Lots of conservative possession for the vast majority of the time and occasionally looked very dangerous.

Didn't create a huge amount but think our final ball could have been better.

Pleasing to get a clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    He said that!??? 😳
    Yeah, silly to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Can't comment on the match being so far away, but SM would benefit from some media training. It's really naive to publicly admit getting the keeper to go down when there's nothing wrong with him.
    I couldn't believe he admitted that. Couldn't trust him on a lads weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I enjoyed the game.
    Me too, I've only just caught up with this thread and some of the pessimism in the early posts is ridiculous. It wasn't a great game, but we should have won by more, we dominated throughout and restricted them to a few half chances. We deserved more from the balls we put in their box, but the bounce always seemed to favour them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Any 1-0 win is scraping it by definition, because it only takes one mistake or one piece of brilliance from the opposition to level up, as they nearly did when we decided to not defend a corner again.
    If we’d won a few more (or basically any) games like we win that one today, we’d be in with a shout of promotion. Definitely preferable to the 5-5, 4-5, 3-4 etc efforts we’ve had against the struggling sides this season.

Can't comment on the match being so far away, but SM would benefit from some media training. It's really naive to publicly admit getting the keeper to go down when there's nothing wrong with him.
    I was amazed when Maynard said that publicly. A Colchester defender was hit on the head by a Jones cross in the first half and the Pavis stand was incensed when he got up, and the Cowleys were audibly screaming "stay down" from the dugout. It's basically cheating, and I wasn't impressed to hear our head coach proudly proclaiming he does the same.

Agreed, that really showed his lack of experience at this level. Hopefully someone in the club will mention it to him and to be more careful of what he says.

Lots of clubs do it and have seen it done against us quite a few times but don't admit to it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast