+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baggies

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Well, if it’s not over till the fat lady sings she’s certainly started her warm up.
    She’s been on a diet so maybe she won’t have the strength to sing this season 🙃

Southampton doing a Leeds 😮

Nice to see it’s not only us that can bottle it

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Southampton doing a Leeds 😮
    Isn't it a really tragic reality that "doing a Leeds" has for a long time (too long) been synonymous with f00king it up (whatever "it" happens to be)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Isn't it a really tragic reality that "doing a Leeds" has for a long time (too long) been synonymous with f00king it up (whatever "it" happens to be)?
    Tragic indeed.

But once upon a time "doing a Leeds" meant winning Leagues and Cups...ok it wasn't really once upon a time it was a long long long once upon a time ago...but you catch the drift.

Problem is we need to show up and show some b0ll0cks (not literally) and go win the last 3 games and see where it takes us..and that is where the problem lies..we keep getting these little opportunities and don't seem able to take them!

Few teams also have that DNA and fear in the fans

Spuds
    Barcodes (historically)
    QPR
    Palace

I suspect it’s part of what it keeps us coming back perversely too

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Tragic indeed.

But once upon a time "doing a Leeds" meant winning Leagues and Cups...ok it wasn't really once upon a time it was a long long long once upon a time ago...but you catch the drift.

Problem is we need to show up and show some b0ll0cks (not literally) and go win the last 3 games and see where it takes us..and that is where the problem lies..we keep getting these little opportunities and don't seem able to take them!
    "Once upon a time................"

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Few teams also have that DNA and fear in the fans

Spuds
    Barcodes (historically)
    QPR
    Palace

I suspect it’s part of what it keeps us coming back perversely too
    To be fair to Spurs they have the decency to just throw it all away really really early. It isn't like they ever get to the final hurdle and fall aside from their one Champs League adventure.

In terms of the battle for top 2, Leicester for me will be first or second just about then it is between us and Ipswich. We will have to win 2 and draw one and hope they lose to Hull or Coventry because Huddersfield at home is about as easy a 3 points as they could hope for at this stage.

No matter what, given the fact we started some games in August with Gelhardt, Shackleton and Poveda as our attack, the team has done very well, I get the fear not going up brings that we'd lose Rutter, Summerville, Gnonto, Rodon, Gray etc but this season has been a particularly strong year to be challenging for top 2.

Farke is a weird one for me, tactically I am not convinced, i don't see a great talented attack despite the quality of players we have but also we are much more solid, he's got us to here when really this team and squad could have crumbled given what happened in the summer. For me he has a pass even if we don't go up given how it all started even with the quality we have now because at the start the majority of that quality wasn't there.

I do wish he'd used Joffy more I think he could have been a key player when we needed some magic at the end against a packed defense but other than that the guy has promotions on his record and has done a good job for me, next season whatever league we are in will be where he can be judged.

Joel,
    Thank you for the positive mojo. Like Tev, I think the season is over. Those last 2
    home games define a season

I do think that Farke has done a wonderful job. I think he suffers from the Bamford curse. I know it’s a team game but 2 positions with a player bottling it can lose you games. Striker and keeper. It’s the reality they have one job to do and if they choke the team loses.

I really hope when we lose all the star players we have , we lose Bamford. We need a fresh start at striker and if he’s around he plays. It’s just the reality of the last five seasons. I do think the teams dropping will be weaker than normal. We’ll have a chance to move up next year with a different squad. We do seem to have a good solid scouting squad in place now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)