+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Northampton Town

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In an earlier post you said it would take some time to knock the Collins Way out of the players and now because Disco has said all the things you want to hear you've decided to jump on that bandwagon now .

Disco will always say the right things , that's why he's still at the club after all these years although they haven't trusted him with the HC job on a permanent basis have they ?

Any car salesman seeing thee walk on to his forecourt must think all his Christmases have come at once .
    You are spot on and suddenly bigging Disco up is stupid considering he has only 1 game to preside over yet the previous 45 matches he has stood shoulder to shoulder with the guy who has just got the sack , obviously though in the case of Disco those games didn"t count , we all hope that Disco gets a result tomorrow but if we do & we have made the play offs it will be down to Collins and not down to Disco and his one game.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He's had 4 days to make these changes. Do you really think he can get those ideals across to our players and the players implement them? I have doubts, this is why Collins sacking was so bizarre.
    No I don’t.
    It’s going to take time. But I think we will see positive changes against Northampton.

But that’s not the point is it.
    The point is - Devaney has sat through all this season knowing that them upstairs will not be happy with what they were seeing.

That was obvious - even if i say it myself - I’ve been saying this for most of the season.
    Not since April as Doug O’Kane as been saying that fans started to become disgruntled - but probably as far back as September 2023.
    I haven’t been the only one - I heard a trickle of comments back then that soon became a torrent as the season wore on.

Didn’t anyone within the club tell Collins that his playing style wasn’t in the Barnsley way of doing things ???

Exciting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No I don’t.
    It’s going to take time. But I think we will see positive changes against Northampton.

But that’s not the point is it.
    The point is - Devaney has sat through all this season knowing that them upstairs will not be happy with what they were seeing.

That was obvious - even if i say it myself - I’ve been saying this for most of the season.
    Not since April as Doug O’Kane as been saying that fans started to become disgruntled - but probably as far back as September 2023.
    I haven’t been the only one - I heard a trickle of comments back then that soon became a torrent as the season wore on.

Didn’t anyone within the club tell Collins that his playing style wasn’t in the Barnsley way of doing things ???

Exciting times ahead.

Pugmunter

A big, big day as Jeff would have said. Some might say pivotal.

Stay in the Play Offs, Win at Wembley, Storm the Championship built on new quality player investment, Start to flirt with a Premiership push.

Feck up the Play Off spot, Stay in the Third Division, Exodus of players, Non-league/ free transfer players in. Start to flirt with Fourth Division/ languish in Third Division for many a year to come.

Feeling a bit nervy now but it’s in our own hands. Just need to go out and do the job.

I’ve been saying on here for weeks, throughout our really poor form, that we will get in the playoffs but I never expected it to come down to the final league game.

Let’s hope it’s a comfortable win (do we ever have those?) today and then a couple more in May.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A big, big day as Jeff would have said. Some might say pivotal.

Stay in the Play Offs, Win at Wembley, Storm the Championship built on new quality player investment, Start to flirt with a Premiership push.

Feck up the Play Off spot, Stay in the Third Division, Exodus of players, Non-league/ free transfer players in. Start to flirt with Fourth Division/ languish in Third Division for many a year to come.
    None of the above.

Last season the directors were putting the financial fires out - they regard this season as their FIRST SEASON in charge.

Promotion or no promotion it’s been a poor start.
    Collins was a total mismatch.
    We could not go into the Championship with him at the helm.

Us supporters don’t yet know the reasons behind Collins appointment - and we are unlikely to find out from the weak sports reporting that covers the club.
    So questions need to be asked at supporters meetings.
    My guess is that the directors relied too heavily on Khaleds judgement.
    The directors have shown in the past that they are brilliant at picking HCs - Stendel, Struber, Ismael, Duff.
    They will do that again.
    (no need to mention the Conway Season)

So from here.
    If we are lucky enough to fluke the playoffs - and we have shown against Pompy that we have the players to do it - then next season we will need an upgrade in most of the playing positions.
    But as the club will have more income the net can be thrown wider.
    I’d be happy with a mid table finish.

If we stay in this league then given the right HC we will be top 3 maybe top 2 this time next season.

Which ever league we are in next season there will be a steady build on build going on at the club.
    I have no doubt about that.
    Exciting times ahead.
    Mark my words on this.

Sodding EFL… uo at 7 to walk the dug… 1000 train…stick the 1230 kick offs

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    None of the above.

Last season the directors were putting the financial fires out - they regard this season as their FIRST SEASON in charge.

Promotion or no promotion it’s been a poor start.
    Collins was a total mismatch.
    We could not go into the Championship with him at the helm.

Us supporters don’t yet know the reasons behind Collins appointment - and we are unlikely to find out from the weak sports reporting that covers the club.
    So questions need to be asked at supporters meetings.
    My guess is that the directors relied too heavily on Khaleds judgement.
    The directors have shown in the past that they are brilliant at picking HCs - Stendel, Struber, Ismael, Duff.
    They will do that again.
    (no need to mention the Conway Season)

So from here.
    If we are lucky enough to fluke the playoffs - and we have shown against Pompy that we have the players to do it - then next season we will need an upgrade in most of the playing positions.
    But as the club will have more income the net can be thrown wider.
    I’d be happy with a mid table finish.

If we stay in this league then given the right HC we will be top 3 maybe top 2 this time next season.

Which ever league we are in next season there will be a steady build on build going on at the club.
    I have no doubt about that.
    Exciting times ahead.
    Mark my words on this.
    Absolute BS , the owners can regard this season as their first all day long but the truth is it isn"t , throughout their tenure they continue to cock up & have proved beyond doubt that they are not capable of running a football club . I am not sure whether you are deliberately on the wind up or just refuse to see the bigger picture, like him or dislike him Collins has done a remarkable job to get this squad within a shout of the play offs but these chancers are trying a role of the dice to save face , lets hope they get lucky but the truth is they havn"t a clue .

I've changed my initial thoughts on today's outcome but only for the fans not the owners .

A remarkable amount of people have bought tickets for today's game plus the faithful ST's and I sincerely hope they get the outcome they want today .

The owners deserve this to blow up in their faces today and reveal themselves for the clowns they are .

I can't have both outcomes so I'm with the fans on this one today .

Looks the same formation and players you'd have expected if Collins was still in charge .

TEAM NEWS | NORTHAMPTON TOWN (H) - News - Barnsley Football Club https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...news-cobblers/

Must have taken some working out that one from Disco and Stead ??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast