Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
We are on a run of 1 clean sheet in 18. 33 goals conceded in those games. With Collins gone our defence will suddenly become world beaters. We will keep a clean sheet and defend like we've not done all season.

The tippy tappy football was the cause for our bad defending. Nothing to do with the board of course signing a load of shyte players.

After 46 games we finish where we deserve to. No complaints from me if we miss out. The way we have finished the season is pretty terrible to say the least.

Here's to next season and another load of embarrassing crap signings. A head coach who's record at schoolboy level is top of the spreadsheet.

This time next year the club will be league 1 mid table unless the owners start to get their act together and start to bring in better footballers and a better head coach. Aye, me neither.
I don't think Collins deserved the abuse he's had recently , apparently at Blackpool it was pretty bad .

Don't get me wrong he's made mistakes and as a HC you are judged on results .

However that's the thing isn't it , you can't sack him on results he's got a 46% win record and had us in the top 6 since September .

Style of play many are saying but again you don't sack someone with one game of the season left and still a chance of extending the season and promotion .

I can't ever remember this happening at any other club , not even Watford would pull a stunt like this .

In any case doesn't sacking the HC in these circumstances say much about the so called decision makers , they apparently went through a process to identify the right man , a thorough process we were told .

They got their man and didn't back him in two transfer windows , he was given nowt what so ever to work with , the evidence is clear because players brought in such as Dallas , Shepherd and Lopata were binned out on loan after 6 months , McCart was recruited on loan from Rotherham and then they had to bring in Earl and Pines in January because the recruitment just wasn't up to it .

Pines I'll not criticise because he's not played enough games but there isn't a decent central defender at the club what so ever , they just aren't good enough .

I don't care who the new HC is he ain't shoring that defence up with what he's going to have available to him .

The midfield doesn't look too good either , Russell is a luxury that any league one club cannot afford , Connell clearly has issues , I'll leave it at that and Kane will be leaving .

Up top Cole will leave , John Mac will go back to Luton and that leaves us with Cosgrove , Dallas , Shaw and Jalo .

Cadden and Williams will also leave and Roberts will return to Boro more than likely .

Even if the summer recruitment is 50% better than last year it still falls way short on the quality required and the league next season does look harder with what's coming down from the championship and coming up from League two .

But apparently if we play to the clubs philosophy none of the above will matter !!!

Got to laugh ant tha .