+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Gateshead

O/T:- Gateshead

Gateshead are NOT permitted to take part in the National League playoffs.

Solihull Moors will get a bye to the semi-finals.

“The National League is extremely disappointed to announce that following a decision of the EFL, Gateshead Football Club has failed to meet the entry criteria for membership to the EFL.”

😳
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-04-2024 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

For all their flaws, the national league and the efl can't really be blamed here, Gateshead Council on the other hand...

And we think we've got it bad with NCC.

I don't find it fair that Solihull have been given a bye though, just bring Aldershot into the playoffs🤷*♂️

"failing to meet the 10-year security of tenure "

It happened a fair few times in the early days of auto promotion between tiers 4 and 5 with the champions denied promotion over the ground. Kidderminster, Macc Town and Stevenage all refused entry but all three eventually won the title again to get in, though in Stevenage's case they had to wait 14 years.

I'm surprised the team whoever finished 8th aren't kicking up a fuss about this.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I'm surprised the team whoever finished 8th aren't kicking up a fuss about this.
    Agree - It’s not like it’s been planned for weeks and it only affects the first two games - Sure Aldershot will be looking at this legally..

A ridiculous scenario to reveal this at this time.
    Presumably the club must have been aware of the situation but nothing could be revealed until the final games have been played.
    I'm sure most fans will have an appreciation of the club , historically, especially with the Macca & Scotty connection.
    In truth , the financial situation must be a significant factor and the lack of local support at home games would be frightening. Last 2 home games were 852 and 1,295 from memory ??

So Altrincham given a bye to the semi final and Solihull now play Halifax. i hope the people of Halifax are happy with their council!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    So Altrincham given a bye to the semi final and Solihull now play Halifax. i hope the people of Halifax are happy with their council!
    Solihull get the bye. Halifax are away to Altrincham in the quarter final.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Solihull get the bye. Halifax are away to Altrincham in the quarter final.
    No they don't, Altrincham do for finishing 4th.

Name:  438821190_848570130647031_7578873179494531469_n.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  85.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    No they don't, Altrincham do for finishing 4th.
    Nope.

"Under the rules, the club cannot be replaced, and they will be removed from the planned fixture on Tuesday 23 April 2024. The outcome of this is that Solihull Moors will get a bye to the semi-finals."

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...all-club-81474

... yep. They changed their minds! Sorry.

"One of the semi-finals is already confirmed following the news that Altrincham have been given a bye - they head to Bromley."

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...-confirm-81475

As they explained less than an hour ago...

"National League rules state that in the event of a club being removed from the play-offs and not being replaced, the structure of the draw should be adjusted based on final league positions."

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...tructure-81477
    Last edited by OchPie; 21-04-2024 at 03:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast