+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Remember it well .
    Alf Buksh , Dollis Hill, London.
    GS raced into the centre circle at HT and gave AB earache all the way to the tunnel , then in the ML family stand. Apparently it continued during the HT break after the officials' dressing room door came off the hinges. Liverpool won 2-1 with a manufactured penalty by the arch diver Ronnie Rosenthal. Dean Thomas'
    " air tackle " was at least a good foot away from any contact.
    The Paul Ince manufactured penalty for Man U at ML was also an injustice.
    Those " lost " points meant Notts were relegated and missed out on the inaugural PL season.

Finally anyone remember Brian Hill denying Notts a last minute Trophy game equaliser v Bristol Rovers ?
    Les Bradd was non too pleased and confronted Hill in the tunnel.
    Brian Parkin the Rovers GK then played 1 game on loan for Notts and confirmed the goal should have stood.

My daughter and I went to WHU to watch Notts win
    2-0 in the final league game with a brace by Drapes. This meant Oldham went to the top flight as Champions , with WHU as runners up.
    The crowd and WHU players dived and bayed for everything but got nothing.
    The ref was .....Brian Hill !
    Notts were promoted via the Wembley PO final.
    I remember the Bristol Rovers onereally well as I was literally standing behind the goal Stant scored in, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I seem to remember the rumour was he had a flight that night to ref a game the next day and didn’t want to miss it, well that was the rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Employing an ex-referee to lobby on your behalf is a bizarre idea. It's the kind of thing Barca and Real Madrid do, and you might call it cheating.
    Unless the PGMOL guys don’t like him and let’s be right since he has been there nothing has gone well !

He should just stick to gladiators !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Unless the PGMOL guys don’t like him and let’s be right since he has been there nothing has gone well !

He should just stick to gladiators !
    Didn't he leave in a bit of a cloud? He was fined/reprimanded for leaving a stadium alone then it was announced he was heading over to Saudi Arabia (or another middle east nation) then he ended up on Gladiators. Just a very weird career slide

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Didn't he leave in a bit of a cloud? He was fined/reprimanded for leaving a stadium alone then it was announced he was heading over to Saudi Arabia (or another middle east nation) then he ended up on Gladiators. Just a very weird career slide
    Think he left early to go to an Ed Sheeran gig believe it or not.

He is a t**t.

He also has confessed that Old Trafford under Ferguson was difficult and he could get to you so in other words he cheated himself by not giving free kicks.

Aside from the rights and wrongs of yesterday’s game, Forest have been whining about reffing decisions all season. Are they saying yesterday was part of that grand conspiracy, or was it a separate issue, caused solely by Stuart Atwell’s love for Luton Town?

It’s really sad when a historic club’s official communications start to sound as batty as their owner.

Edit; just seen they’ve issued a piece of snivelling backslidery. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Aside from the rights and wrongs of yesterday’s game, Forest have been whining about reffing decisions all season. Are they saying yesterday was part of that grand conspiracy, or was it a separate issue, caused solely by Stuart Atwell’s love for Luton Town?

It’s really sad when a historic club’s official communications start to sound as batty as their owner.
    Well it seems they have beef with Attwell for a few years.

I’d say that tweet was ordered by the owner mate no chance a social media admin person is putting that out well not unless they want the sack anyway !

Now they are threatening to sue Sky Sports, they are boring me now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...attenburg.html

Let's hope they get relegated.

Now they are threatening to sue Sky Sports, they are boring me now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...attenburg.html

Let's hope they get relegated.
    We laugh because it's Forest but if all three of those decisions went against us this board would have gone into meltdown. Both Forest and Wolves have had some poor decisions go against them this season but that statement they put out is ridiculous, no matter how aggrieved you are you have just got to accept it.

I remember the fighting on the pitch after the Rovers' fans invaded the pitch and Notts fans joined them. As for the goal, I was in the County Road stand with a great view and it was clearly a goal. It was the Associate Members Cup according to UTM's site.
    I thought it was the Leyland DAF Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I thought it was the Leyland DAF Cup?
    It was Leyland Daf. I must have been standing next to Bohinen as a young lad as I was in the County Road level with Stants header can still remember it clearly to this day. I remember leaving the ground swearing and being told to calm down by a copper. All the Brizzle Rovers fans were walking down the County Road side goading the Notts fans. Not a pleasant experience actually.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast