+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Yes, next week they find out
    Thanks for that, had been wondering

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Wot? You’re dealing in semantics yourself. Forest’s initial tweet can be easily inferred as suggesting Attwell deliberately didn’t give them penalties because he supports a rival, which is why they pulled back on it the next day. ‘Having his judgment clouded’ is just a different way of saying the same thing.

For Attwell to overturn any of those decisions there had to be a ‘clear and obvious’ error. You could possibly make the case there was in one of those situations but certainly not the other two.

I watched a bit of the Brighton game last night and they had a penalty appeal turned down at 1-0 which was at least as clear as those Forest decisions. I’m yet to see any fuss about it but then they aren’t owned by a temperamental shipping magnate possibly about to lose millions because he’s bought a load of crap players.
    Yawn…….

Wot? You’re dealing in semantics yourself. Forest’s initial tweet can be easily inferred as suggesting Attwell deliberately didn’t give them penalties because he supports a rival, which is why they pulled back on it the next day. ‘Having his judgment clouded’ is just a different way of saying the same thing.

For Attwell to overturn any of those decisions there had to be a ‘clear and obvious’ error. You could possibly make the case there was in one of those situations but certainly not the other two.

I watched a bit of the Brighton game last night and they had a penalty appeal turned down at 1-0 which was at least as clear as those Forest decisions. I’m yet to see any fuss about it but then they aren’t owned by a temperamental shipping magnate possibly about to lose millions because he’s bought a load of crap players.
    Or you could point out that Forest notified the league before the game about the Luton fan making the var decisions, so they could have avoided all this controversy with a bit of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Or you could point out that Forest notified the league before the game about the Luton fan making the var decisions, so they could have avoided all this controversy with a bit of common sense.
    Maranakis would have whined whoever the var official was. The Luton thing was a convenient hook to hang their grievance on.

If Rushcliffe lose their remaining 4 games (assuming the 4 point deduction is not reduced) they will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    If Rushcliffe lose their remaining 4 games (assuming the 4 point deduction is not reduced) they will be relegated.
    Unfortunately they still have to play Sheffield United, nailed on 3 points I'm afraid !! lets hope FFP wades in again with another nice deduction for them.!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Unfortunately they still have to play Sheffield United, nailed on 3 points I'm afraid !! lets hope FFP wades in again with another nice deduction for them.!!
    Last game is away to Burnley

Maranakis would have whined whoever the var official was. The Luton thing was a convenient hook to hang their grievance on.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Last game is away to Burnley
    It would be great if that game were winner take all, because Burnley are everything Forest are not as a side - attack-minded and fun to watch. They deserved to beat Man Utd yesterday, but share Notts’ fallibility of playing out from the back instead of hitting Row Z occasionally. I suspect Forest will survive, though, if only because of that Sheffield United game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I don't think Florest will win any of their remaining games.
    They might scrape a couple of draws but I think Burnley may yet spring a surprise and stay up at the expense of Luton and Florest.
    Imagine Burnley beating Victims FC on the final day to send them down especially if VAR plays a part.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast