+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The standard of refereeing will never improve whilst a/ grass roots refs get zero support and b/ until all the abuse stops.
    Like footballers, referees make mistakes. However, for some reason refs cop it more than anyone else.
    Having helped run an u9’s and u11’s teams this season and occasionally reffed games and can honestly say it’s the worst experience in football. Having played football for 35 plus years I have never encountered the **** I got from kids or parents. I did it for free and did to the best of my none qualified referee ability based on how I play the game. Without l a referee we have no game. It’s that simple.
    Anyone who thinks it’s an easy gig, I suggest you go to your local kids or Sunday pub team and offer your services. I can honestly say you will regret it.
    I like the fact that we don’t have VAR - you know decisions will go for and against you and hope that over the course of a season it balances itself out.
    I’ve said this a few times.
    If the quality of reffing is poor at the top it’s because the pool to choose from is ever decreasing at the bottom.
    Currently only 50% of grassroots football is covered by willing referees, and the number is shrinking.
    From bottom to top, refs are treated disgracefully and we all just accept it.
    I’ve ref’d plenty of games at grassroots and it’s so difficult.
    All things being equal it’s a tough enough gig but football, like no other sport, is full of players/managers/fans that are totally happy to cheat to win. And just like the treatment of refs, we’re all just happy to accept it, apart from the moments it goes against your team. If a player cheats and the ref makes the wrong call, who gets the abuse…the ref. Why do we accept it when no other sport would?
    I think all youth academy players should have to ref a certain amount of grassroots games as part of their football education.
    I say all this fully aware that I’ve been just as guilty from the Kop, but I do try these days to not join in with berating a ref….I failed last Tuesday!

Standard of reffing is shocking and getting worse. VAR is not fit for purpose and in my opinion the third appeal for forest is definitely a pen. The other two are subjective. However VAR got voted in and that's hoe Forest got to the premier league in the first place. Maybe they now regret standing on the council house balcony announcing they love VAR. They had no feelings for Huddersfield that day. No sympathy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We laugh because it's Forest but if all three of those decisions went against us this board would have gone into meltdown. Both Forest and Wolves have had some poor decisions go against them this season but that statement they put out is ridiculous, no matter how aggrieved you are you have just got to accept it.
    True, I wouldn't have been happy, but then there is this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-owner-8451522

How he was allowed to own an English football club is anyone's guees.

This makes interesting reading if accurate

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/stor...e-club-2023-24

Forest would have you believe they are victims of some conspiracy with VAR but according to this, they are the 2nd highest beneficiaries. This link was updated a week ago so not sure how Penalty-gate impacts this.

Beware of Greeks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    True, I wouldn't have been happy, but then there is this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-owner-8451522

How he was allowed to own an English football club is anyone's guees.
    Always shown sound judgment, here’s Martin Samuels in today’s Times.
    “ It is only three years since Olympiakos, also owned by Evangelos Marinakis, criticised the “darkest days of Greek refereeing ever”. A specific target of that criticism was the president of the “central refereeing committee”, who Olympiakos said they were withdrawing “confidence” in. The individual? Mark Clattenburg, who by 2024 Marinakis had enough confidence in to employ as Forest refereeing consultant.”

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    This makes interesting reading if accurate

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/stor...e-club-2023-24

Forest would have you believe they are victims of some conspiracy with VAR but according to this, they are the 2nd highest beneficiaries. This link was updated a week ago so not sure how Penalty-gate impacts this.
    As I said Man City zero over turns against them.

Now onto Forest interesting stats but what they dont show is Rashford dive to win pen, Boly sent off for two yellows when he won ball on both and that Brighton lads red card challenge .....of course they have also had some in their favour too.

The part they will be most interested in is the 3rd incident where the ref says he played the ball now this isnt refs fault as he sees it once but replays show he DIDNT play the ball so what VAR guys say is going to be good for us anyway !

Quote Originally Posted by dobbsad View Post
    Always shown sound judgment, here’s Martin Samuels in today’s Times.
    “ It is only three years since Olympiakos, also owned by Evangelos Marinakis, criticised the “darkest days of Greek refereeing ever”. A specific target of that criticism was the president of the “central refereeing committee”, who Olympiakos said they were withdrawing “confidence” in. The individual? Mark Clattenburg, who by 2024 Marinakis had enough confidence in to employ as Forest refereeing consultant.”
    Not wrong and a number of owners just arent fit and proper it must £££££ that gets them in.

Now where is Martin Samuels article on Man City or Newcastle owners ? You know the ones who like to do abit of casual stoning to death ?

Also Clattenberg worked as head of refs in Greece and didnt a few "un-named" clubs their try to fix matches ???!!!

I think at the top level the game is pretty much finished they say table never lies but im sure it does now.

[QUOTE=legs77;40493691]As I said Man City zero over turns against them.

Now onto Forest interesting stats but what they dont show is Rashford dive to win pen, Boly sent off for two yellows when he won ball on both and that Brighton lads red card challenge .....of course they have also had some in their favour too.[Quote]

Don't forget the punch in the stomach by Madison that was missed against Spurs.

Until recently the national media could never mention Fword without talking glowingly of Brian Clough and what a great club they were and how they should be in the Premier League, but I've noticed a shift in attitudes since Steve Cooper left, who was also well regarded. Their owner seems to be souring their reputation, Martin O'Neil in particular can barely conceal his disdain for the man.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast