+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Talking about VAR that offside for Cov's "winner" was a disgrace. If we are happy to allow a toecap on a red line to decide a game then we are in a sorry state.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Talking about VAR that offside for Cov's "winner" was a disgrace. If we are happy to allow a toecap on a red line to decide a game then we are in a sorry state.
    See, if it was any other team, I'd be outraged. But its Coventry who had 4 refereeing errors in two games go in their favour to get out of league 2. I had a good old chuckle myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Nice one!

Seriously though, I think the F-worders should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute, and public slander of the integrity of professional officials.
    Well, you'd expect a very large fine at a minimum. But they'll probably get another big discount for "exceptional cooperation".

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    The statement is absolutely terrible. However, it’s very clever they released it through X.

They can very easily pin it on a rogue member of staff, say they’re sacked and job done.

No managing or playing member of staff has come out and lost their rag in a post match which could have seen a direct punishment that could hurt them during the run in, in the form of a suspension.

Two things from here will be interesting;

If and how they’re punished.
    What happens RE Mark Clattenburg. Surely, if he endorses that and stays, he’s nailed his colours to their mast OR does he have any integrity in relation to his old profession because insinuating cheating so blatantly is not a good look.
    If it had been up for a few minutes and then deleted you might have been right, but it’s still up now.

Marinakis thinks he’s still in Greece, hopefully they get the book thrown at them.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well yeah we remember & what goes round comes around...

Regarding these VAR "offside by a millimetre" decisions though, I think the authorities have lost the plot here.
    In very tight circumstances (hell they can even put a length on it if they think it really necessary)
    the advantage should be with the attacking side.

Apparently, they are "considering their options"!

What options? They don't have any.

Not one of the 3 claims was a clear and obvious penalty. At best maybe one was at least 50/50...!!!..all this 5h1t about him being a Luton fan is pure desperation.i think they are looking to put pressure on the league so they get another refereeing performance in the Sheffield game like they did in their winning play off game.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Well yeah we remember & what goes round comes around...

Regarding these VAR "offside by a millimetre" decisions though, I think the authorities have lost the plot here.
    In very tight circumstances (hell they can even put a length on it if they think it really necessary)
    the advantage should be with the attacking side.
    Offside is a great example of VAR working well MO. It doesn't matter if it's a toenail or 5 yards, if it's off it's off.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Offside is a great example of VAR working well MO. It doesn't matter if it's a toenail or 5 yards, if it's off it's off.
    I agree. It’s fact not opinion. I’ve seen some pretty horrific decisions via VAR when it comes to fouls and sending offs. More often than not the ref gives the right decision and then VAR change his mind - not the replay.
    I can’t remember which ref said it, but he said something along the lines of his decisions were sometimes made on instinct, rather than what he could actually see.
    VAR is a farce as they say they won’t re-ref a game, yet, that’s exactly what is happening.
    Why can’t it be like rugby where the ref asks them to check a situation?
    The funniest bit about all of this is that managers, players and clubs moaned about decisions. They begged for VAR. Now they moan about VAR. instead of focussing on their own inadequacies. I didn’t watch it but by all accounts Forest were dog **** yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Its not though is it. There needs to be a daylight rule where it's offside if there is a clear gap between attacker a defender. I will explain why as well! TV cameras record at 25 FPS, you may think that is a lot but it's actually not, because if you're going to measure by the millimetre like they are, you need the EXACT frame the ball was kicked and you can't get that. Have a look next time at the ball, it will more than likely be an oblong shape because it is already in motion. If it's a spherical shape, has it been kicked yet? You can't prove it at 25fps. They either need to build in tolerance ala cricket or extremely high rate FPS cameras just for offside. Easier to make a daylight rule and ease the job of the linesman, speed up VAR as you don't need to be a forensic scientist and also make it more than likely the goal will stand so you don't ruin the joy for fans

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast