+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Until recently the national media could never mention Fword without talking glowingly of Brian Clough and what a great club they were and how they should be in the Premier League, but I've noticed a shift in attitudes since Steve Cooper left, who was also well regarded. Their owner seems to be souring their reputation, Martin O'Neil in particular can barely conceal his disdain for the man.
    Cooper is British think there is your answer.

Take a look at all the dives Grealish, Vardy, Rashford, Maddison, Saka do they are all clever if a foreign player does it they are cheating Johnny foreignor.

He is a sore loser for sure this bloke at Forest but one thing we can say for certain is he doesn’t go hungry !

[QUOTE=i961pie;40493757][QUOTE=legs77;40493691]As I said Man City zero over turns against them.

Now onto Forest interesting stats but what they dont show is Rashford dive to win pen, Boly sent off for two yellows when he won ball on both and that Brighton lads red card challenge .....of course they have also had some in their favour too.

Don't forget the punch in the stomach by Madison that was missed against Spurs.
    He deserved it for ruining our league two campaign to go to S****horpe !

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’ve said this a few times.
    If the quality of reffing is poor at the top it’s because the pool to choose from is ever decreasing at the bottom.
    Currently only 50% of grassroots football is covered by willing referees, and the number is shrinking.
    From bottom to top, refs are treated disgracefully and we all just accept it.
    I’ve ref’d plenty of games at grassroots and it’s so difficult.
    All things being equal it’s a tough enough gig but football, like no other sport, is full of players/managers/fans that are totally happy to cheat to win. And just like the treatment of refs, we’re all just happy to accept it, apart from the moments it goes against your team. If a player cheats and the ref makes the wrong call, who gets the abuse…the ref. Why do we accept it when no other sport would?
    I think all youth academy players should have to ref a certain amount of grassroots games as part of their football education.
    I say all this fully aware that I’ve been just as guilty from the Kop, but I do try these days to not join in with berating a ref….I failed last Tuesday!
    Well said. I can't stand Premiership and international football since cheating became accepted as smart. Sadly its infected all games as you say. Refs need protection and respect to stop the babies on the pitch trying to smash them all the time. Take a look at Rugby Union, this is more like it should be. Huge guys, total respect for the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Well said. I can't stand Premiership and international football since cheating became accepted as smart. Sadly its infected all games as you say. Refs need protection and respect to stop the babies on the pitch trying to smash them all the time. Take a look at Rugby Union, this is more like it should be. Huge guys, total respect for the ref.
    It's an historic class thing innit! Plebs run around kicking a ball while gentry engage in a gentlemanly physical battle of daring and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    It's an historic class thing innit! Plebs run around kicking a ball while gentry engage in a gentlemanly physical battle of daring and determination.
    And also occasionally the gentry insert their finger inappropriately during a scrum!

They are going barmy over the river again.
    David Coote is refereeing Lutons' match at the weekend away at Wolves.
    He is a Notts County fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    True, I wouldn't have been happy, but then there is this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-owner-8451522

How he was allowed to own an English football club is anyone's guees.
    The game is a lot faster and they can't keep up. There were some shocking decisions years ago, but there was no social media and the players weren't as fit - neither were the refs.

The problem for the refs is that they have this belief that they are beyond reproach. This is backed up by the FA and everybody else at the top.

Very much a feeling of us and them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    They are going barmy over the river again.
    David Coote is refereeing Lutons' match at the weekend away at Wolves.
    He is a Notts County fan
    Well you'd think they'd be happy with that. There's not many Nots fans that would do Forest over - seriously. I'd be complaining if I was Luton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Well you'd think they'd be happy with that. There's not many Nots fans that would do Forest over - seriously. I'd be complaining if I was Luton.
    He belongs to the Nottinghamshire FA, and as such is not allowed to take charge of Forest matches (or Mansfield matches I guess?). The red side have seemingly interpreted this as him not being allowed due to anti-Forest bias.

ETA: He has reffed a Mansfield match once, Mansfield vs Hartlepool in the 2015/16 season.
    Last edited by OchPie; 24-04-2024 at 06:29 AM.

I honestly thought that releasing a statement more or less accusing the Prem of being anti Forest was a stupid thing to do but having just heard that their appeal against the 4 point deduction is being heard today I now wonder if it wasn't all a ploy to heap pressure on the authorities, a risky game that could work either way if so. My guess would be halving the deduction & a fine & final warning for the statement. COYP

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast